00 | extended summary

SUMMARY:

Belinda Shepard was the opposite of her siblings. She valued education, despised rumbles and drag races and wanted to leave Tulsa and experience the unknown. Her siblings did not value education, lived for the thrill of rumbles and drag races, and were content with their lives in Tulsa. It was questionable whether or not Billie was actually a Shepard, but once you got a glimpse of the infamous Shepard ice blue eyes, dark hair, and tiger-like features, it was clear that Billie was indeed a Shepard.

Billie's elder brother ran the notorious Shepard gang, her older sister had no problem hanging with the crowd her brother gathered and her twin brother was closely following in her elder brother's footsteps, leaving Billie feeling all alone and out of place.

Between visiting her twin brother at the reformatory and cleaning up her brothers' wounds after each rumble, Billie developed a deep hatred for life on the East Side. She wished to leave Tulsa behind and escape from the social conformity thrusted upon her as she struggled under the weight of being a greaser and the sister to the notorious Tim Shepard.

Billie thought she was alone; everybody else on the East Side seemed content with their lives, knowing there was no point in hoping for a better life. Sometimes life played a cruel game with people, and those who were good never got the luxuries they deserved after years of struggles and hardship.

Then she meets Ponyboy Curtis, youngest brother to Darry and Sodapop Curtis and part of the gang Billie's brother sometimes rivalled against. The two teens strike up a surprising friendship, finding out they have much more in common than they first thought. Soon Billie realises she's not alone, and for the first time in her life, somebody truly understands her.

This is the story of how Ponyboy Curtis was the boy who understood Belinda Shepard, and how Belinda Shepard was the girl who understood Ponyboy Curtis. Together, they rewrote history and defied the stars. 

CAST:

IRIS LAW AS BELINDA "BILLIE" SHEPARD 

C. THOMAS HOWELL AS PONYBOY CURTIS 

 THOMAS HOWELL AS PONYBOY CURTIS