Two

"Well howdy miss," the boy panted  before looking around the medical bay. I looked at him as he started rummaging through the different drawers and cabinets looking for something.

"Can I..... help you?" I ask, unsure of how to react. This boy had to be about 5' 10" with shaggy brown hair, dark chocolate eyes, and the thickest western drawl I've ever heard. He was decently attractive and just as dangerous, considering the amount of guards that had been surrounding him earlier today. He finished rummaging through a drawer, the small clinking of metal coming to a stop as he pulls something from it.

"I'd reckon you can, sweetheart," he rushes towards me and pushes the thing he pulled from the drawer against my throat, before moving his body behind mine. Commander Reyes and a small squad of armed guards bust through the doors. "Watch yourselves boys" the boy warns from behind me. "One misstep and this pretty little thang won't be so pretty."

The commander grimaces and motions for his men to stand down. They lower their rifles obediently.

"You're making a stupid mistake kid!", Reyes says taking a step forward. The Latino man, still in his business casual attire, seeming non-threatening. The boy pushes the scalpel into my neck, eliciting a yelp from me.

"Stay back." The strange boy commanded. I was unsure if I should try to fight back. He had one of my arms behind my back and one of his arms wrapped around my shoulders pressing the blade into my neck.

I look at the commander as if asking what to do. He closes his eyes and rubs them with his hand.
"Miss (L/N), are you doing alright?"

I stayed silent until my captor nudged me.

"Go on suga, the man asked you a question."

"Well Commander I'm doing okay, I guess. I'm not quite sure what to do sir," I say partially asking for guidance. It was a prerequisite for this job to have some sort of self defense knowledge, but if the commander wanted to do things another way then I'd let him.

"You know what to do, (L/N)," he said gesturing towards me, waiting for me to make my move.

I respond quickly by slipping off one of my heels and slamming my heel onto the top of his foot. He retracts the hand that's holding the scalpel and rip my arm from his grasp, running towards the commander. I hide behind him like a child hides behind their parent. Guards rush towards the shaggy haired boy like moths to a flame and secure him once more.

"Good work (L/N), I'll have Angela give you another look over before you take the rest of the day off," Commander Reyes says in a finalizing voice. I look back at the restrained boy when he's not glaring at the commander he seems to be checking me out. I scowl at him. I turn to the commander.

"Thank you for the concern, sir, but I don't think I need the day off. I just got here," one of the guards hands me my heel while dragging the boy past us, I smile and nod at the guard before looking back to Reyes.

"No you're going home after Angela checks for injuries or trauma. I can't have you quitting on us," he reaches in his pocket for his cell phone and sends a few messages. "Stay here and Angela will come take care of you. I'm going to go take care of that little shi-"

"Is she alright?!" Angela comes through the door and looks me over once again. She sees the small incision on my neck from the scalpel. "What happened?" She scurried off to look through a drawer while Commander Reyes explained. After explaining he excused himself and left.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N). Do you need someone to accompany you home? Perhaps that'll make you feel safe?" Angela suggested after wiping the blood of the cut with an alcohol pad and putting a small flesh colored band-aid on it.

"No thank you Doctor, I think the band-aid is already too much," I say touching the fabric surface of said band-aid. "I can make it home myself, I just hope the agents won't be too concerned about this. I know Ms. Oxton would freak over this."

She nods, "At least let me escort you to your car, to make sure you're okay."

"Of course, Dr. Ziegler." I slip my other heel back on my foot and began leading her to the exit of the base.

I lead her through the halls and we make our way to the garage.

"Thank you again for you help doctor," I say climbing into my car.

"Of course, you're a valuable member of overwatch's workplace. And please come visit me tomorrow, I'd like to run some tests to check your mental health."

"Of course, Doctor," I affirm, starting my car and saying a quick goodbye before driving home.

I don't actually feel that bad, but this job doesn't offer much time off and there was no way I'd turn some free time down.