Part Four

(This is short I'm sorry)

"Wendy, breathe. You'll be fine," Chelia tried her best to calm me down from a panic attack as we pull out of the driveway. Sherry won't answer any of my questions, which doesn't help the situation at all. I grip Chelia's hand tightly, praying that she won't let go.

The entire ride she traces circles, hearts, and starts on my thigh and arm, always keeping some kind of physical contact with me. We need to go see Wendy's mom, Sherry had said. What if that meant Wendy's mom is about to die. Wendy's mom is already dead, the scenarios playing in my head are endless. Each one worst than the last. Each time my breathing spikes, Chelia squeezes me and calms me just a little. She grabs my face and pulled our foreheads together.

"I promise you I'm here. Calm down, please," the rest of the car ride is blurry, the only thing I'm able to feel is Chelia. She and Sherry helped be out of the car and kept an eye on me as we entered the hospital.

Sherry's short heels clack against the tile floor as she rushes to the counter. "We're here to see Porlyusica Marvel," she says. The desk lady checks her computer and hands Sherry and slip of paper. Sherry nods to us and rushes towards a hallway, Chelia and I scurry after her.

When we finally catch up to her, my the door to my mother's room is wide open. In the room lies my mother, pale and weak. My eyes pool with more tears as I slowly walk towards her.

"Momma you've gotta be okay, please! You'll be okay." I squeeze her hands tightly. My mom looks at me with sad, pitiful eyes.

"You and I both know that's not true." She whispers.

"Mom, I'm begging you please don't do this. PLEASE." My throat aches and my eyes burn. My head hurts, it feels like the entire world is spinning at a mile a minute.

My mother's grip on my hand begins to weaken and her eyes flutter. The heart monitor slows. Sherry's eyes widen and she jumps up.

"Chelia take Wendy out right now." Chelia grabs me and I struggle to get out of her grasp. She pulls me out of the room and shuts the door before I collapse onto her. She rubs my back and holds me gently as I sob.

My mother, my rock, my everything. She's dead.