Ready Player One

The Cigarette Duet

The Cigarette Duet

Wade had come to know the Oasis as a haven for most of her life. Life outside the Oasis was horrible and no one knows that better than Wade. A chance encounter and memorable night with the CEO of IOI changes things. After living with her abusive aunt and her aunt's sleazy boyfriend, she was okay if she found solace in a jerk like Nolan Sorrento. It was just her luck anyhow.

Nolan Sorrento was a greedy son of a bitch. He wanted the Oasis for the money, power, and prestige. But then he also hates it for what it did to his sister. He finds himself torn when he meets a small slip of a girl that turns his world upside down and he's completely caught up in her, but who needs the Oasis as much as he wants her. Eventually, it'll come time to choose between her and IOI, and Nolan has to decide which way to fall.

Warning: Probably not going to be super happy. One of my goal with this is -if the real world is so crappy, I'm going to showcase the hell out of that and actually not shy away from it, like I felt the movie did. I don't know about the book, but if people are freaking ignoring the real world and immersing themselves in a fake one, I'm gonna show why. So definitely not a happy fic at a lot of parts, and Wade's going to help me show that. Eek?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/151161189-the-cigarette-duet-ready-player-one-fanfiction