✎ : Chapter 2

❝ To see the circus or are you the part of it? ❞

To see the circus or are you the part of it? ❞

_____________

| MARIA |

"I still can't believe we are actually going to that circus," I say, looking at Zena through the mirror as I was braiding my hair, standing infront of the dresser.

"Honestly, me too." Zena says, looking up at the ceiling as she was laying on the bed. "I swear we can never say no to Hera," She continues, causing me to chuckle.

"And she knows that pretty well," I answer back, fussing through the drawer.

After, I found some money which was in the back of the drawer, I grab my wallet and put the money in it. I hold the wallet in my hand tightly and go to the door of the room where our shoes were placed.

Zena look at me curiously,

"Where are you going?" She asks and then, looks at the clock. "And this late?"

"Chill Zena," I say, wearing my sandals. "It's only 9 pm right now. I will be back in an hour or so. Don't worry. No one will know."

She looks up at me hesitantly, "but-"

I interrupt her before she says anything,

"I bet I will be back before Hera even returns from her shower." I say slyly, perfectly knowing it will take Hera at least an hour and half to get back, as it haven't even been 10 minutes since she entered the washroom.

Bless her and her long hair. I think as I see Zena finally agreeing to me and telling me to be careful and not to get in trouble.

Pft, as if.

____________________

7 minutes of walking and here I am, sitting on the swing of this park that Hera and I usually go to when Zena is busy with helping her dad, and sometimes with Zena occasionally too.

It was really silent and calm, as it was really late. I mean, it is only 9 pm or something and to some people, it's not late but according to rule and regulation of this town, it is late.

Well, we do wake up before 6 am.

I close my eyes, enjoying the serenity of the moment. It was a relief to take a break from everything and just relax. Especially if you teach little kids with lots of energy, as if they are on a sugar rush 24/7. It is an endearing and cute sight but god, I would be lying if I say it isn't tiring as well.