Chapter 3. Revelations and Confessions

Back at the mansion, in their private gym,
"That's it. You're getting better." Said Cana as she blocked another of Yamato's attacks.
"T-Thank you." Said a very out of breath Yamato as he leaned on his wooden sword.
"I think that's enough for today. Come on." Said Cana as she extended her hand to him.
"That was great Yamato-kun. You really are improving." Said Reina.
"Of course he is. Cana-chan is teaching him after all." Said Akari.
"I'm still surprised to know that Cana-san can fight so well." Said Reina as she handed Yamato his towel.
"I just wish I never had to teach this to Yamato." Said Cana.
"Why is that?" Asked Yamato.
"Because the only reason you are training now is to fight Kiba, isn't it?
Yamato looked down then up again at Cana.
"Yes. I have to find him in order to get to the one behind all of this."
"I still can't believe that Kiba would betray us like this." Said Akari.
"But something doesn't sit right with me." Said Reina.
"What is it?" Asked Yamato.
"Why was Kiba so set on killing you and Cana-san? I mean, I know that the guy barking orders is behind everything. But why?"
Yamato looked at Cana and nodded.
"Are you sure about this?" Asked Cana.
"Yes. They need to know. They are already know most of it. Might as well tell them the whole truth."
"What truth?" Asked Akari.
"I knew there was more to the story." Said Reina.
"The truth is everyone, that my parents that you know have been killed. By Cana-chan."
"WHAT?!!" Asked the two in shock.
"But why would you do that Cana-chan?" Asked Akari.
"Because those two were not my real parents. They were people hired just like Kiba was. To pretend to be my parents and eventually kill me."
"It can't be. They were such kind people." Said Reina who was still shocked.
"The day before Cana-chan transferred to our school is when it all went down. That's when they decided to get rid of me. Luckily Mochizuki-san sent Cana-chan in order to save me."
"Okay. So he's been keeping watch over you since you and Cana-chan were childhood friends. So he knew when he needed to step in." Said Akari.
"Not quite. Cana-chan and I were never childhood friends. The truth is that Mochizuki-san knew me from way back. You remember King Claudius and Queen Sylvia? You know about the tragedy 14 years ago, right? The assassination of the king and queen as well as their second born son, Prince Julius Wiseragna."
"Wait. You don't mean what I think you do, right?" Said Reina with an amazed look.
"Yes I am. I am the dead prince. The second prince, Julius Wisseragna."
"WHAT?! Yamato is the dead prince?! But how?" Asked Akari.
"I was never killed. I was taken from my parents on the night of the assassination and given to those two people I've been calling parents for the past 14 years."
"It all makes sense now." Says Reina.
"So...your engagement is also a fake one?" Asked Akari.
Yamato looked at Cana.
"No. It isn't. Although the whole purpose of this engagement was to help as a backstory to why I know Cana-chan if anyone from school was to ask. She was originally sent there to protect me."
"Not very manly there Yamato." Said Akari as she slapped him on the back.
"Akari! He's the prince. How could you hit him like that? My apologies, your highness." Said Reina as she bowed.
"Come on guys. I may be a prince, but you don't need to be formal with me. I'm still the Yamato you all know."
"Are you sure?" Asked Reina.
"Of course. Don't let my status bother you."
"See Rei Rei? Yamato is still Yamato."
"Well, now that you know our secret, swear not to tell anybody."
"We swear. Don't worry. Our lips are sealed." Said Reina.
"But, if your engagement is not fake, it means that you two will actually get married?" Asked Akari.
"Well about that..." Said Yamato as he looked at Cana.
Cana looked back at him with questioning eyes. There was a moment of silence.
"We're going to give you guys some space." Said Reina as she dragged Akari outside.
"No fair. I wanna hear too." Said Akari as she protested.
"Yamato-kun. It's been bothering me for quite some time now. We never really considered your feelings. Are you okay with this engagement?" Asked Cana.
"At first, everything seemed really rushed. Everything was moving too fast. I saw my parents being killed right in front of my eyes. Then I find out that they were fakes and that my real parents are the dead king and queen. The world I knew suddenly turned upside down in just one day. And then I was told to get engaged to you for my safety. Not really the way I imagined my life with be at this point in time."
"Yes. I understand what you mean. And if it bothers you in any way, I can talk to my father to cancel the engagement." Said Cana as she looked down.
"At first, I would have jumped at that. But now things are different."
"Different how?" Asked Cana as she looked up at him with a questioning look.
"These past two weeks have really change my life. Bad things happened all the time. I even found out that my so called best friend is out to kill me. But there is one thing that I am really grateful for."
"What is it?"
"Meeting you made everything that has happened to me seem like nothing. You've been with me every step of the way. The day you jumped in front of me and got shot, I nearly lost my mind. I was terrified. Terrified of losing you."
"What?" Said a very surprised Cana.
"Cana-chan," said Yamato as he took her hand, "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Which is why I wish to stay engaged to you. If that's okay with you of course."
Cana was standing there surprised at Yamato's sudden confession. A tear rolled down her cheek.
"Yamato-kun, I wish to stay with you as well. I love you too." Said Cana as she hugged him.
Yamato held her tight.
"Then let's always be together. But promise me that you will never do something like that again. I can't bear to go through that again."
"But I have to protect you."
"No buts. It is my duty as prince and as your fiance to protect you. So from now on, I want you to rely on me more. Besides, with you as my teacher, I'll get stronger in no time at all."
"Very well. I will rely on you from now on, Yamato." Said Cana as she looked up to him.
Yamato then lowered his head and his lips touched hers into a passionate kiss, strengthening their bond.
"Aww. I want a prince of my own." Said Akari.
"Wow, Yamato-kun. I didn't know you were such a romantic." Said Reina.
"W-what?! How long have you been there?" Asked Yamato as his face turned red.
"The whole time. Remember? We never left." Said Reina.
"But don't mind us. We're just having fun enjoying the show." Said Akari. "Oh. All this romance made me hungry."
"Then why don't we all go inside and get something to eat?" Asked Cana.
"That would be great. Come on guys." Said Yamato as he started heading out of the gym.