Chapter 6. Strike Back

"Ready! Aim! Fire!" Ordered Kurosawa.
BANG!
Julius closed his eyes. Suddenly, he felt the rope around his hands fall, freeing him.
BOOM!
There was a sudden explosion and the whole place was covered in smoke.
"Careful! It must be his men. Be on your guard." Said Ishin.
Suddenly, a few kunai knives flew from the smoke and struck down the soldiers that were sent to execute Yamato. When the smoke cleared, Yamato was nowhere to be seen.
"So he has some allies after all." Said Ishin.
"Your majesty. There's a note stuck to the pole." Said Kurosawa.
"Let me see." Said Ishin as he took the note.
"Don't think you've won just yet." Said the note.
"Oh I see now. Of course. Only you could have taken his side at a time like this, Alexis. Everyone! The traitor has escaped. But fear not. He will soon be apprehended. In the meantime, I have an announcement to all of Wisseragna. As you all know, the Northern Alliance has been a threat to us for the past twenty years. And their movements for the past four years have been alarming. King Claudius and King Victor fought desperately for peace, but were both assassinated. It has been made clear that both Kings have been killed by the Northern Alliance. And Prince Julius was one of them. So today, in honor of the two Kings that have fallen, I hereby declare war on the Northern Alliance. We will show them the might of Wisseragna. We will avenge those that have fallen and take out anyone that stands in our way."
"Yes!!! Bring down the Northern Alliance!!! Long live King Ishin!!! Long live Wisseragna!!!"
"Kurosawa-san. Make sure you bury these men. Once you're done, come and meet me in the king's quarters."
"Yes, your majesty."

◆◆◆

"What's going on?" Asked Yamato.
"Just relax and follow me."
"But where are you taking me?"
"I'll tell you everything soon."
The two kept running. After some time, a black car stopped in front of them.
"Quick. Get in." Said the driver.
"Where are you taking me?" Asked Yamato.
"To a safe place."
"These people don't seem to have any evil intentions. They even saved my life. But for what purpose?"
They kept driving for almost half an hour. Soon they left the capital and were leaving it far behind. Not long after, they drove into a forest and stopped in front of a house.
"What is this place?"
"It's the safe place I told you about. Nobody will find us here. Follow me."
The two entered the house.
"Welcome to your new home for the next couple of days."
"My new home? Can you please explain what's going on now? I deserve to know. Who are you?"
"Oh Julius. Have you really forgotten me?" Said the person while removing the mask.
"Forgotten? But I don't know... No way. It can't be." Said Yamato as he took a step back.
"C-Cana?!"
"Yes. It's me Julius."
"You're alive! Thank goodness. I thought I lost you." Said Yamato with tears in his eyes as he held her in his arms.
"I've missed you too. You've been through a lot. I'm sorry for not being there with you. But if we would have come out of hiding, then the plan would have failed."
"We? That's right. Akari and Reina. Are they..."
"Oh. I thought you forgot us" Said Reina.
"Told you he'd remember." Said Akari.
"Akari. Reina. You're alright." Said Yamato as he hugged his two friends.
"Of course we are." Said Akari.
"We may not look like it, but we're pretty tough." Said Reina.
"But how? I saw the mansion go up in flames."
"Have a seat and we'll explain everything." Said Cana.
"Before we start, I believe it's time to introduce ourselves." Said Reina.
"Introduce? But I know who you are."
"Technically speaking, you don't." Said Akari. "My name is Charlotte Vi Brittania."
"And I'm Alice Vi Brittania." Said Reina who gave Yamato some tea.
"What?! Britannia?! As in, the Kingdom of Britannia?"
"Yes. Both Alice and I are princesses of Britannia. And King Alexis is our elder brother. The three of us are your cousins."
"Cousins? This quite a lot to take in, but please, tell me everything. At this point it's best if I knew what lies ahead of me."
"Very well. Cana, Charlotte and I, knew about you from the very beginning. We also knew about Ishin-san's plans. But we couldn't act right away. If we did, our plan of exposing Ishin-san would fail. Well, in the end it failed anyway." Said Reina.
"We found out that my father was planning something. And so, the three of us were sent to watch over you and protect you until it was revealed that you were Prince Julius. But Freed intervened." Said Cana.
"He planned to dispose of us, even though he didn't know our true identities. We managed to escape and go to Brittania to report to Alexis-nii-san. Alice stayed behind informing us of everything that was going on. We heard about the attack on the hospital and that Ishin-san was presumed dead. By the time Cana and I came back, it was too late. King Victor was already assassinated and you were the one that they accused. We managed to save you in the last moment. You know the rest." Said Akari.
"I see. It all makes sense now. But what does Ishin-san want to do with those projects?"
"He plans to go to war with the Northern Alliance. Alexis-san has more information on that." Said Cana.
"I thought as much. What's our next course of action?" Asked Yamato.
"We'll rest here for today. Tomorrow we'll make our way to Brittania." Said Reina.
"Alright. That sounds like a plan. But one more thing. What do I call the two of you?" Asked Yamato.
"I believe that we should stick to our old names." Said Akari.
"Yeah. Even we had a bit of trouble calling you by your real name all this time.
"That's better. Also, we don't want people to know our true identity." Said Cana.
"Good. Now Akari-chan, let's go make dinner." Said Reina s she winked at Akari.
"What? But we... Oh yeah! Dinner. Right behind you." Said Akari who also winked at Cana. Cana blushed a bit.
"Hey Cana-chan. Want to go out for a bit?" Said Yamato who extended his hand.
"I'd like that."
The two then stepped out. Reina and Akari shared a smile in the background.
"Julius, I...."
Suddenly Yamato envelopes her in a tight hug.
"I was so scared. I thought you died. I'm so glad that everything was a lie. I missed you so much."
"I did too. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed it most."
"What are you talking about? You saved my life. More times than I can count. Without you, I'd be dead by now."
"I wouldn't know what to do without you." Said Cana with tears in her eyes as she looked up at him.
They kept looking into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity.
"Just kiss her already." Said Akari.
"Akari-chan!" Said Reina as she hit her on the head.
"Oops. Busted." Said Akari.
"What are you guys doing?" Asked Yamato.
"Oh don't mind us. Just here for the smooches." Said Akari.
"Come on Akari. Let's go inside." Said Reina who began pulling her by the collar.
"Awww. But I want to see the kiss." Protested Akari.
"Don't worry. We'll watch through the window." Whispered Reina.
"Nice idea."
"Those two never change." Said Yamato with a smile.
"That's true." Said Cana who looked back up at him.
"Now where were we?" Said Yamato who put touched her cheek.
"I think I know." Said Cana. The two of them then shared a passionate kiss.
It seemed like time has stopped. As the two parted their lips, Cana lay her head on his chest while Yamato held her tight.
"Yes! There it is!" Shouted Akari.
"Akari-chan!" Said Reina as she put her hands over Akari's mouth. Both Cana and Yamato giggled hearing their friends in the house.
"I'm glad you're all okay."
"Me too." Said Cana.
"Come on. Let's go get dinner. That's only if those two cooked anything while they peeped on us." Said Yamato.
"Rei-Rei, quick. We've got to retreat back to the kitchen." Said Akari as Reina followed while Yamato and Cana made their way into the house.