Chapter 7. The War

"Strike back? What do you mean?" Asked Reina.

"Don't worry. Everything will soon be explained." Said Alexis who lead the way. 

The five of them stepped out and saw a chopper waiting for them.  After they took off flew for about ten minutes. They soon entered a mountain range. Suddenly the chopper flew straight towards a mountain.

"What's going on?! Asked Akari.

"We're going to crash!" Said Cana.

Alexis just smiled. The chopper kept flying straight towards the mountain. The three girls closed their eyes and held on to each other. Then like magic, the chopper flew straight through the mountain. 

"You can open your eyes." Said Alexis.

When they opened their eyes, they found themselves inside a large military base.

"What the...." 

"Welcome to Area D. This is our top secret base where we keep the most classified information and weaponry."

"I figured as much." Said Julius.

"But... how did we just pass through that mountain?" Asked Reina.

"Hologram." Said Julius.

"Exactly." Said Alexis.

They soon landed. A car was there waiting for them. The car then took them to the control room of the base. There they met with General Kingston waiting for them.

"Your majesty, I arrived just as you required." Said the general.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice. I believe you already know about our situation." 

"Yes. The Storms are ready."

"Very good."

"The Storms?" Asked Cana.

"Yes. That is one of our many weapons. The Storm is basically a missile." 

"But what's so special about it." Asked Akari.

"I'm glad you asked. These are no ordinary missiles. Each Storm missile has five hundred smaller tracking missiles stored in the big one. At a certain altitude above the target, the big missile opens up. Allowing the smaller ones free to fly straight to the target. Once it reaches their target, they attach to it without means of removal. The explosion that one small tracking missile causes affects everything on a radius of two hundred meters."

"That's amazing." Said Cana.

"With this, we could end the war." Said Reina.

"That's what we hope as well. What's more, we have two types of storms. The one that causes the normal explosions like any other missile and a radioactive missile."

"Radioactive?" Asked Julius.

"Let's just say that each tracking missile has the radioactive power of a normal nuclear missile. The only difference is that each missile affects only their target. We don't want the radioactive energy to move around Britannia, do we?"

"I can't believe that we had this in our arsenal." Said Akari.

"Forgive me for not telling you. To be honest, I never wanted to use them in the first place. But this is an emergency."

"It's alright. As king, you need to keep certain things secret even from us."

"You're majesty, we're ready." Said the general.

"Just a moment." Said Alexis. He then turned towards Julius. "Julius. I need your permission first, before I give the order to fire. Those are your people."