Chapter 2

Hey guys! Um I'm back with another chapter of this story... yeah. Please Read, rate and review! Oh and go ahead and follow and favorite this story please! it always makes me happy when I see that people Liked this story and yeah. Enjoy ;D I don't own anything! Except for the plot. ;)

Chapter 2

Lucy's POV

I heard Gray say, "No way in hell am I going to let that happen!" What aren't you going to let happen? I've never seen you so determined before, I thought. Then it happened. I've been blacking out ever since the Grand Magic Games. Its probably because of the Naval Battle where Minerva beat me up really bad. I probably would've died without Wendy and Porlyusica. There was a minor (slightly major) side effect from the medicine. At first, they were small black-outs but now they've become a lot longer. From a few seconds to couple of minutes, that could get me killed when I'm in battle. Like right now.

My vision went black and my body froze. I could still hear what was going on. I heard Loke telling me that more Vulcans had appeared in front of us. When he didn't hear me reply back he got worried. "Lucy? Lucy are you okay? They're surrounding us, you have to snap out of it. Guys! She isn't moving or responding to me," he yelled. I heard footsteps all around me, at first I thought they were the Vulcans. But then I heard my friends' voices.

"It's okay we'll protect her with you," Erza said, her voice emitting my left.

"Yeah! I will try my best,"Wendy said, to my right.

"Its okay, Luce. I don't know what's going on, but I promise I'll protect you," Natsu's voice was behind me. Then I heard the monsters screeching, signaling the battle had begun.

"Roar of the, Fire Dragon!"

"Requip!"

"Regulus Blast!"

"Roar of the, Sky Dragon!" Judging by all the noise everyone was creating, it sounded like there were a lot of Vulcans. Suddenly, everything became silent. I heard footsteps coming toward me and unconscious moans. So they defeated all the Vulcans? That's good, I thought, and I smiled, in my mind. I still couldn't actually smile, my body was frozen stiff.

"Luce! Snap out of it! Whats wrong? Answer me please, we're all worried about you," Natsu's voice was in front of me. I wanted to tell my best friend that I was okay, that everything'll be okay. But then there was a voice that made me actually feel okay. I really liked that voice, and I really loved it's owner.

"Lucy are you okay? Please tell me, tell us what's wrong. You've been standing still for over 20 minutes," the voice was Gray. 20 minutes? No, no, no. It only felt like a minute! How could it be 20 minutes in such a short time? I thought. But after Gray was done talking, slowly my vision turned back to normal. I started to move my arms. I was tired and when I had full control of my body, I stumbled to the floor. Everyone rushed to my side immediately and stared at me with worry in their eyes. Erza, Wendy, Natsu, and even Loke, surrounded me. Gray was in front of me, holding my shoulders and looking into my eyes. I looked into his beautiful dark blue eyes, and as usual his shirt was missing.

"I'm okay, now. I was just... thinking of something. I'm sorry if I got you all worried. I didn't mean to," I said quietly and looked away from Gray's gaze. I knew they didn't believe me, but they didn't want to bother me about it for fear of bringing up some sensitive memories.

"Luce this is the third time you've done that to us on a mission! And every time you do, it just gets longer," Natsu said.

"I'm-" I started then he cut me off with a slap. I held my cheek. It was burning, and I didn't mean literally burning. But it hurt. I could feel tears falling down my face. It was partly because of the burning sensation from the slap, but it was mostly because the slap had come from Natsu; my best friend; my first friend in Fairy Tail.

"Why did you do that, Natsu? What the hell is wrong with you! She's your best friend!" Gray yelled at Natsu. I guess he was really mad at Natsu because he didn't even bother to call Natsu a Flame Brain, or something. Honestly, I was surprised he was sticking up for me. I thought he'd be mad at me like how Natsu was.

Natsu's POV

I hit her. I don't know what I was thinking when I slapped her. I was just so worried for Luce, and I didn't want to lose her. Not like how I thought I lost Lisanna. But when I hit her, I knew I had already lost her. "Why did you do that, Natsu? What the hell is wrong with you! She's your best friend!" Gray yelled at me. I was still in shock of what I did, all I could do was stare at the crying Lucy. Everyone went to comfort her, even Happy.

"I... I don't know. Luce, I'm really sorry. I was just worried about you. If you zoned-out like that when we're in a middle of a battle and no one's there to help you. I just don't want to think of a life without you. I don't want to lose my best friend," I told her, trying to reach out hold her hand. But she backed away from my hand in fear and just continued to cry.

"Natsu, just go. Just... go get the reward from the mayor and head straight to Fairy Tail. We'll meet you there," Erza said with a glance that said if you don't, I'll cut you up and feed you to my dogs. I nodded. I looked one last time at Luce, then turned to Happy.

"Happy, can you give me a lift?" I asked him, hoping he wasn't as mad at me than the others.

"Aye, sir," came the sad reply from my pal. With that I disappeared from their sight.

That was Chapter 2! Hope you liked it! I'll try to update the story later today, and if I don't I'll probably update it tomorrow, after school. So yeah. Don't forget to Rate, Review, Favorite and follow the story. And thanks for reading! \\(^.^)/

~Animelova2001