Chapter 7: Will he find me?

You run towards your room just wanting to sleep but as you saw it you decided to run past it and go somewhere else. Running down the stairs to the basement, you don't know where you're going to go, then you see the elevator from before. You don't know where the elevator goes but your press the button for it and wait for it to open. The doors open slowly, you step in and the doors close. You pull the elevator brakes to stop the moving box from moving anymore, you sit down on the floor pulling your knees up to your chest.

You couldn't think of why Zane was mad, didn't he want you to get out there. You had to get to know the guy you were going to be with the rest of your life, right? Why didn't he understand that? Was he jealous? Zane couldn't possibly like you like that, could he? You are very confused and want answers from him, but you also never want to see him again.

-

As a mobster, Tom knew you wouldn't hide in your room. You're smarter than that. You didn't know the mansion well but he does know where you have been. He figured you would be in the basement area, he didn't know exactly where you will be but he decided to start looking. Harrison found tom searching for Y/n and called out "Tom, wait up." "Harrison, what are you doing?" "I could say the same." "I'm looking for Y/n, I'm assuming since you're here you know what happened." "Yeah, Zane and Sam caught you guys making out and Zane got pissed for no reason and made her storm off. So now you are doing what?" "I'm searching for her, I want to make sure she is okay." "Wow okay, that's different. I've never seen you do this before mate." "Do what?" "Search for a girl when they're upset. You finally found someone you actually like." "I liked the girl's from before." "Not as much as Y/n."

Tom and Harrison walk downstairs to the basement. As they get closer to the basement they here a high pitched ringing sound. Harrison asks "Is that the lift?" "Yeah it is, it does that when someone pulls the brake." They look at each other then Tom mumbles "She's in the elevator." Tom runs down the remaining steps and turns the corner to the elevator. He pounds on the doors yelling "Y/n you need to get out of that elevator." "Why?" "Becuase I said so, dear." "Yeah no, I'm good here." "It's just me and Harrison." "Nope, I'm staying here" "Well then I'm coming in." "What? How?"

Tom puts his hand up to the wall to reveal a screen, he starts to click and tap the screen. The elevator doors suddenly open and tom steps into the elevator with you. "Hey, how are you, darling." "Horrible." Tom sits down next to you and says "How about you tell me whats wrong?" "You were there." "Yes, but there must be more to the story." "Zane is my friend, my best friend and there's something wrong with him or something." "Okay, should I talk to him or have Harrison talk to him." "No, it's probably not good if he hasn't told me yet." "What do you want to do about it." "Well, nothing I'll just have to wait for him to tell me." "Okay, so what do you want to do now." "Sleep." "Okay, you can sleep on my shoulder for awhile."

You and Tom slept in the elevator for about two hours till Tom woke up. He saw how peaceful you were sleeping so instead of waking you up he picked you up. He carried you out of the elevator and up the stairs to your room. When he opened the door Zane was waiting in the sitting room. Tom immediately shushes Zane before he could speak, then he walks to your bed to put you in it. He gently lays you down and pulls the covers over you. He walks back into the sitting room and shuts the door behind him.

"Zane, what are you doing here?" "I wanted to make sure she was okay." "She is now, no thanks to you. If you wanted her to be okay you wouldn't have yelled at her like that. Why did you even do that?" "I dunno, I care about her." "No Zane it's something else." "I really care about her." "Since I've become a mobster I've learned how to read people. I've given you many chances to tell me the truth so I'll give you one more. Then I'll tell you what I think is going on." "I wish we weren't just friends." "So why haven't you told her?" "Well I was, but then she got married." "It's not like we like each other, well yet. You should tell her." "I can't. She chooses you." "And how do you know that?" "We've been friends since we were kids I know her. The way she looks at you, says it all. She even kissed you, she hasn't had a relationship like that for years she's been too focused on her job." "Okay."

Tom walks out of the room and walks across the hall to his. When he opens the door Harrison, sam, and Harry are waiting for him. Sam snarks "Where have you been for the last two hours?" "Busy." "Lies." "Sam just get the bloody hell out of my room. You've done enough today. You've done enough for a while. Anything you were working on is now Harry's, go take a break and get yourself together. You can come back when I see fit." "Fine." Sam storms out of the room. Harry breaks the silence "So, is Y/n ok?" "Yeah, shes just fine. For now, Zane just told me he likes her." "Well doesn't one have to like someone to be friends with them?" Harrison cuts in and mumbles "Harry, he likes her more than friends." "Damn." "Yeah, that's what I thought when he told me." "So, does she know." "No, not yet." "He's going to tell her?" "I don't think so, Harry."

Harrison began "You like her" "Yes." "you should tell her before other people get to her before you." "Harrison, what do you mean?" "I'm just saying you are not the only other person that likes her." "Yeah, he's right Tom if you love her you have to tell her." "Harry I will...eventually."