Chapter 19: Hidden Cameras

You wake up alone in bed. You roll over to the side of the bed where the nightstand is. You had a pounding headache and was looking for aspirin. When you start to open the drawer it reminds you of the first time you opened it, when you exposed Tom for what was in it. Seems like he cleaned it out. In the back of the drawer, you find a small jewelry box, you opened it to reveal a ring with a small sparkling diamond. You sit up in the bed with the box in your grasp, staring at it. 

Harrison walks into the bedroom. He notices that you are awake, then he sees the ring that Tom got you in your hands. "Y/N, where did you find that?" "In the drawer. Is going to give this to me?" "Yeah, but now you have found it. Tom forgot to move it before he left and asked me to discreetly move it." "Oops, my bad. Here." You said as you handed him the box. 

"It's really pretty. I guess he was serious when he said he we should have a real wedding." "He actually said that when?" "The night I got out of the hospital when he thought I was asleep." "That's why he thought you were asleep. He has never committed to a relationship or said anything like that before." "Interesting. Well, I'm just going to go take a shower, I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast in fifteen minutes." "Okay see you then." He remarked, looking at the box with despair, then he walks out of the room rather fast. You turn to the bathroom and start the shower. 

-

"Yum, this looks really good." You stated as you walked to the table where Harrison was sitting typing something on his phone. He looks up to and smiles, "Yeah, I waited for you. So, about the file." "What do you think?" "Well, I don't get why the would kill Zane either. It makes no sense," He flips through the file that's laid on the table by his plate and points to a page. "Right here it even says that if you or Carson were there the men present should shoot at you two." "Oh yes, I remember that page. What about the page on Zane?" "I don't think there was one." 

"Exactly, that's the point there was nothing on him, and I find it very impossible for them to not know who he was." "So what are you saying?" "I think they did know about him because he was on there side." "But he's been there as your friend all these years." "Harrison don't act dumb we work in a mob, people are manipulative to get what they want. And I think that was their motive, to have one of their people get close to me, learn everything about me, and have that elaborate plan to 'kill' them to get them back." 

"Shit, if this is true-" You cut him off, "We don't know if this is true." "Like you said this is mob life, we have to assume if we want to keep our heads on." You stop to think before you respond when a red flash goes off behind you. "Haz, what was that?" "I don't know it looks like it came from the wall." You turn around and walk to the wall right behind you. You search the wall finding a hidden camera. You rip it out of the wall and crush it. "It's a hidden camera." "I think that's enough proof, we need to go." 

You and Harrison grab what you need and sneak out to the garage, careful that no one saw just in case the security has doubled crossed you. You both get into the black SUV and he quickly starts it up. He starts to drive away from the mansion. 

-

Harrison pulls into a parking lot of a twenty-four-hour store. "Why are we here?" "We are ditching the car, so there's no way they can track us." "Where are we going?" "Somewhere that I know that no mobster knows about." "We are walking there?" "We are walking three miles to a bus station, then taking a bus there, then walking more to get there. Once we get there we can notify Tom what's happening." "Okay. What happens if they find us before we get to our destination?" He looks you in the eyes with a cold stare, "Fight till they are all dead." You nod your head knowingly. 

-

You and Harrison got off of the bus about half an hour ago. After all the walking in silence, you reach a neighborhood full of townhouses. You follow as he leads the way down each of the streets to a green colored house with a yellow door. He knocks on the door, there was nothing. He knocks again, "Andie, I know you are here, It's just me, Harrison and Y/N." After a couple of minutes, the door opens to be greeted by a familiar face. "What do you need this time?" Andie asked concerned. "Help." She lets you both in. She closes the door and locks every lock she has on the door. 

"There better be no men coming in black vans to come kill you." "Not for a while. We need to contact Tom discreetly." You watch as they talk standing next to Harrison. "You guys told me I wouldn't be bothered by this mob drama anymore." "This was the only safe place we could go." "Harrison, what about my brother?" "He's fine. He's not exactly here in London right now." "Doesn't mean they can't get to him." You stated firmly. "Tom took your brother with him for some reason." 

You pull your phone out to see a text from Tom. he asked where you were. "Haz," You said he showed him your phone. "Andie, can we borrow your phone for a moment?" Andie nodded her head, and she handed her phone to Harrison. He dials a number into the phone. "Andie we are going to have you tell Tom what we tell you to say, okay." She nods and Harrison dials the number. 

"Hey Tom, it's Andie." "Hey, this isn't a good time." "This is important." "Okay, what's wrong?" Harrison whispers, "Tell him that there's nothing wrong with you, but there is something wrong with your friends and they are here with you now." "I'm fine, but there is something wrong with my friends, who are here with me now." "O-okay, I don't know what I can do to help." "They are here. And you should come here to help." "Okay, I'll be there when I'm done with this meeting, tell them I will be there soon, bye." He hung up the phone. 

"Did you guys here that?" "Yeah, sounds like he got the message and tried to make it seem he is staying there till after the meeting." He stated, looking at you. "Andie, do you have a guest room we can stay in that has no windows?" "Surprisingly yes I do. Are you sure you two will be okay in just that tiny room." Harrison looks at you then back to Andie, "We will be fine. Do you have anything to do tomorrow?" "Yes, work." "Oh right, we will just stay here while we are out of that is okay with you." "Yeah, it's totally fine." 

You and Harrison make your way to the guest room. You both agreed that you both need a good nights rest for tomorrow so you would just sleep in the bed together. You didn't really see much into it, unlike Harrison. No matter how much rest you both got could not stop what would happen tomorrow. No amount of preparation could save the two of you. Many things would be uncovered when you both wake up in the dark.