Chapter 1

Y/N's POV:

Everybody loved Jeon Jungkook.

Even you, the renowned ice princess of your school. Known for the inability of your heart to be touched, your two friends Yuri and Soyeon being the only ones you hung out with. In fact, everyone was constantly astounded by how soft you were with your friends, having pegged you as the scary girl all the way back in elementary school.

Back then, it had been fine, people just saw you as scary and stayed away. Now, however, puberty had (annoyingly) granted you with what were apparently pleasing physical features. You had your parents to blame for that.

That's when everything went downhill. You were asked out at least once a month, on a good month. Other times,
you had to turn down three in a day.

You had started out nicely, softly explaining to them your reasons, and still did for those you knew were more...sensitive, like the poor girl who'd heard the rumor that maybe you swung the other way...but over time you grew more and more annoyed, and to the most recent person who'd asked you out you'd snapped a "No." before he could even finish his sentence, continuing your path down the hallway towards math class.

All this commotion started so much fuss that these days you couldn't walk down the hallway without people gaping at you. Gossip and rumors whispered from ear to ear,

"Did you hear?..."

Let's hear what they have to say today.

"I heard he cried..."

You snorted, if they were talking about the last guy, then that was a lie, unless he'd done it after he'd cussed you out and called you a whore. Like that makes any sense.

"I heard she's actually secretly married to an old rich guy, hoping he'll kick the bucket soon..."

You actually laughed at that one, at least some of them were amusing.

You wondered, not for the first time, why you were the object of all this fuss. There were plenty of pretty girls in the school. You knew this for a fact. Yuri was not only gorgeous, with flowing
brown hair and large doe eyes, but she was also the cheer captain, and she was most likely the nicest person you had ever met. If it was going to be about anyone, it should be her. Or maybe Soyeon, the debate team captain,
with her quiet intelligence and silky black hair, her alluring charm that captured a whole room.

Maybe you had messed up in your last life. Done something horrid like pushed a puppy or something. This had to be some kind of bad karma, because you couldn't think of any other reason for it.

"Hey Y/N!" You heard a shout carry down the hall, and turned slightly to see what looked like one of the member's of the basketball team approach you. WHAT DID I EVERo DO TO YOU GOD. You screamed inside your mind, before quickening your pace. Math class math class math class. You heard his shout as he saw you speed away. "Hey...Wait!"

You sped up.

You smiled as you saw the door come into view. Just a couple more seconds.

"Y/N!" It sounded closer now.

Your hand grasped the door handle.

"Wa-"

You swung it open and launched yourself inside, surprising a couple of students who were there early, but not the teacher. She had seen this before,
and always felt bad for you.