Epilogue

"And this here is the shutter speed." I turned the camera around so Steve could see the small knob at the top. "The shutter is like a little door that opens and lets the lens be exposed to the light, which is how the image is captured. If I want to take a photo of, say, someone in the middle of a fight or game with lots of movement, I'd have a fast shutter speed, so I get a nice sharp image with no blur. But, if I wanted a bit of blur, or a multi-image, I would have a long shutter speed, letting more light in to the lens."

Steve and I sat on my bed in the Tower. I sat cross legged, while he had one leg swung over my blankets as I showed him my camera and explained how it worked.

I looked up at him, and saw him smiling, his eyes crinkling up like he needed to laugh.

"What? What did I say this time?" I asked defensively. He tried for a moment longer, before bursting into laughter, his right hand clutching the left side of his chest as he leant back onto my bed.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't," he laughed some more, but when he caught sight of my glare he stopped and looked at me sheepishly. "I love that you're taking the time to show me this, but I already know how a camera works," he said, smiling just a little. The tips of my ears burned red.

"You do?" I said, trying and failing to sound mad.

"Yeah."

"And you've just me sit here for an hour and make a fool of myself, telling you things you already know. Steve Rogers I am ashamed of you," I scolded, standing up and placing my camera on my bedside table.

"You were so excited about showing me, I didn't want to stop you from having fun," Steve said sweetly, chuckling a little. I couldn't be mad at him, but I pretended. I shook my head.

"Yeah, that really makes me feel better," I said sarcastically. At that moment, my phone rang, buzzing on my bedside table. I glanced over at it.

Unknown Caller.

Curious, I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Miss Walsh, how have you been? Missing your former S.O I hope. That job was, short lived, wasn't it?"

I grinned despite myself, feeling shock and relief flood over me.

"Agent Coulson, where you been?" I said, watching Steve's jaw drop from across the room. Coulson chuckled lightly.

"Tahiti. Its a magical place."