The End

On this particular day, it was cold; cold enough to make Levi clutch his coat around him tighter. The wind, sharp and prickly, made his eyes sting. He blinked, making a single tear fall down his face. He stared down at the tombstone, plain and bare, and smiled. Jean did the same, crouching down and placing a bouquet of orange lilies.

"I don't know what to think," Jean said. "I hated him, almost all my life, but..." His sentence trailed off, Levi let out a dry chuckle.

"I still think he was a piece of shit, but I have a little more respect for him after what happened." Levi commented, digging his boot in the dirt by the grave.

"Yeah, I guess. It's just that, well, I was there every time Eren got beaten and needed to be taken care of, I was there to comfort him, I've seen the horrible things he would do. I don't think I could ever forgive him." He stood, then wiped his dirty hands on his jeans.

"Oh I still hate him, I don't forgive him, but Eren's alive because of him, and my love for Eren is more than my hate for Grisha, so, rest in peace, asshole." He huffed, then turned around to leave the graveyard, Jean followed.

"We should hurry back, Eren's probably missing us." They hurried to the car then drove back to the hospital.

"Mr. Williams!" Levi's head turned when he heard his "last name".

"Yes?" He asked the doctor.

"I'm going to discharge Eren today, but you need to make sure he gets plenty of nutrients over the next few months. He still needs to gain a lot more weight to be considered healthy. I would also recommend consoling for his severe PTSD." The doctor explained, Levi nodded.

"So he's ok, really ok?" Jean asks, the doctor sighs.

"Physically, he'll recover over time. I can't say the same in regard to his mental health. Not only does he suffer from night terrors, but he also seems to suffer from delusional paranoia and some schizophrenia. I do think it'll get better over time, but for now, just be careful what you do and say around him, and try to keep from saying things that might trigger episodes." Levi nodded then thanked the woman before walking towards Eren's room. He knocked, then opened the door when he didn't hear a reply.

"Levi?" Eren whispered, sitting up in his hospital bed. Levi was at his side in a second.

"I'm here love, how are you feeling?" He brushed the boy's hair from his face, making the shorter smile.

"I'm feeling good, though my stomach hurts a little, cause I just ate. Did you guys go see my dad?" He asks, Jean scoffs.

"Yeah, we did love, we brought him some flowers too." Levi answered before Jean could comment. Eren nodded, then laid his head on Levi's shoulder, closing his eyes as he let out a tired sigh.

"I know you two still hate him, and I do too, but..." He trailed off, Levi rubbed his back comfortingly.

"We know love, no need to explain." Eren nodded, curling up against Levi and laying against him until he was practically in his lap.

"They said you can come home soon, do you miss home, all the others miss you, Hanji practically attacked me once I went home to get some spare clothes, begging me to bring her here, but I didn't want you to feel crowded." Eren giggled, body vibrating against Levi softly.