Chapter 3

What the fuck is happening to me?

I've never felt something even remotely close to this. It's like a mix of nerves swirling in the pit of your stomach. It's dangerous, but you like it.

I tried my damndest not to look at her; I found excuses just to see her in the corner of my eye.

I failed numerous times; staring at her profile as she did her classwork.

I have the urge to do something I never did before. And it's getting stronger and stronger.

-I've never seen you before. You new?- I ask, getting nothing for a second. -Yeah, me and my brothers moved here last night.- Her voice was easygoing, but cautious. It was laced with something exotic, but I couldn't tell what.

-Where you from?-

-Not from here.-

-Yeah, kinda figured,- I chuckle, secretly loving the sarcasm.

-I'm Camila.- She finally looks at me and my heart beats harder and faster. Her eyes had changed colors, but it's not natural.

I decided not to comment on it.

-They're my real eyes,- she says and I raise an unconvinced brow.

-If you don't believe me, take a closer look,- she then looks directly into my eyes, making me freeze.

Good goddess.

There was a ring of turquoise around her pupil while fire like colors swirled within her iris with specks of purple. I looked for the thin ring that would tell if they were contacts or not.

There wasn't one.

My breathing gets uneven and I swallow my spit. They're ethereal, but honestly kinda scary. But beautiful all the same.

-They're weird,- I blurt and she quirks a brow. -Weird, or different?- I was in a trance, focusing on nothing but the fiery lava lamp that are her eyes.

-Unique,- I correct steadily, despite this chill going down my back. She smirks a little and I unintentionally return. Just then, a sudden douchey energy sweeps over us.

-Hey, what's your name, beautiful?-

It's that shit-dick Hussey.

She says nothing, giving me a look that told me to follow her lead.

She then gives me a flirty smile. -So, are we studying at mine or yours, Camila?- Her eyes seemingly get brighter and I'm back in a trance. It's like I can't look away if I tried.

The chills turn into heat.

I glance at the dick-shit smugly then back at her. -My parents wouldn't be home until the morning,- I hint boldly. It's the truth. I hardly see those fuck-ups unless it's them coming home as I'm leaving for school.

She licks her plush lips, and my body almost instantly breaks a sweat. This heat is something crazy and I ain't talking about the weather.

-Your place it is. Meet me in the parking lot after school.- My eyebrows shoot up and she nods her head at me. 

I smile cockily and she turns to Mattew.

-I'm sorry, you were saying?- Her tone knowing and smooth. He looks at me then her, -I was asking you for your name.- I raise a curious eyebrow.

She hums.

-I'll tell you if you suck your own dick.- I laugh, already liking this girl. He chuckles and messes with his greasy hair.