35 | LIAR LIAR |

JACOB BLACK DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE

JACOB BLACK DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE. The world was targeting him, it had to be the only explanation. Not only did his life suck because the girl he was in love with was in love with someone else, and that someone else just so happened to be his mortal enemy, but now Jacob's presumably dead stepsister was actually alive. Or undead.

"The Cullens have a new vampire with them," Embry announced as he, Sam, and Paul returned from chasing Victoria and a misunderstanding with the Cold Ones.

"Who?" Jacob scoffed, crossing his arms across his bare chest. They were in Sam and Emily's kitchen again, the packs usual meeting and dining place.

"A teenage bloodsucker, dark hair, pale skin, curvy yet slim, didn't get too good a look at her," Paul shrugged as he swiped a fresh chocolate chip cookie from the platter.

Quill snickered, "Right." And the other wolves didn't prod the topic further.

All except Jacob.

Paul's tone was too forced and nonchalant for the subject matter. He abhorred all vampires, especially the Cullens, so brushing off the arrival of a new vampire was automatically suspicious. Not to mention, the description of the new vampire matched all too similarly to the girl Jacob was very much in love with and had disappeared for the last couple of days. He hadn't seen Bella since she got back from saving her bloodsucker.

Jacob's brown eyes narrowed. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing, Jacob," Paul avoided making eye contact with the younger wolf.

But as shapeshifters and teenage boys, fights were easy to come across, even for a trivial matter such as Paul's refusal to talk more about the new vampire.

"Paul." Jacob growled, his instincts pushing him to uncover what he was hiding until it physically manifested in itself, resulting in two pissed off wolves.

Paul stumbled back with a dark glare directed at Jacob. "Fuck off!"

Jacob started forward, but Sam's arrival interrupted the brewing fight.

"Paul! Jacob!" Sam barked at the two until they backed away from each other. Both boys stepped back sullenly.

Jacob turned to the older shapeshifter with wild eyes. "Is it Bella, Sam? Did they turn her?"

Sam looked around the room full of curious pack members. They all wanted to know why their alpha hadn't decreed the treaty void.

"Rory is no longer missing," was all Sam could say before the kitchen erupted in chaos.

"What do you mean?"

"Rory's a vamp?"

"The Cullens turned her?"