chapter 2

Thanks for reading! Enjoy, review and leave a vote!

Scratchsniff's POV

I woke up feeling a weight on my chest. I tried to pull up my arms. Nothing, they were a little heavy, like something was on it. I started panicking a little, without my glasses I couldn't see very good so the room was all a blur.
And the children? Where are they?
With my hands I felt my surroundings. I finally put on my glasses. I was in the hotel room. Good.
I looked down to see what was that weight on my arms and chest.
It was the Warners!
Dot was curled up on my chest, Yakko was on my left arm, clinging to it like it was a three brace. Wakko was on my right, clinging like his brother.
I sighed. Why they were here? Okay Yakko who was sleeping with me, but Wakko and Dot? I was pretty sure they have fallen asleep in their beds, which were next mines anyway.
They probably got here during the night. I didn't notice because yesterday I was sleeping like a rock, this kids drained all my energies.
I was going to wake them but then something came over my head. What time was? The room was dark, but the blinders were all way down, so it couldn't determinate what time exactly was.
And if it's still night?
Just God could know what three sleep- deprived Warners could do.
I slowly let Dot slide down my chest, let her falling on Yakko's body.
Luckily, neither Dot nor Yakko woke up.
I tried to wiggled my arm free from Yakko's iron grip and he grunted a little but didn't woke up.
I look the time, 9 am. Yeah, I could definitively wake them up.
"Wakey, wakey, kidses, time to wake up!" I cheerily said.
They all grunted but manage to open their eyes.
They gave me a big 'good morning Scratchy!' accompanied by a big sleepy smile.
I smiled.

despite the fact that they drove me crazy, somehow, I become very fond of them. Sure, I screamed at them, I chased them and I wished them not torment me, but, involuntarily, they also taught me many things like fraternal love or what it means to have children. Because that's what they were for me. Sometimes, I must remember that they were just children. I must realize that they were orphans and that Yakko has had to look after them, even if he was a child himself. But now they were no longer alone. I was there for them.

As I snapped out of my thoughts I realized the three were not longer there, so I did the normal thing I do when I can't find them: panicking.
I spun around and saw them already in their swimsuits.
I smiled and ruffled their black heads.
They grinned and clung to me.

Time skip

After breakfast we headed to the beach.
They obliviously started jump up and down the road.
"Stop with the monkeys business" I said to them.
"Oh, I'm sorry, we're not in the monkeys business anymore" Yakko answered me sarcastically, giving me that toothy smile which means troubles.
Damn him and his mouth.
Really, trying to talk Yakko down on anything was typically a lost game before it even began.

I grunted and finally we got to the beach without accidents.

Bea, the kind woman from yesterday, smiled as we walk to our place.
Yakko and Wakko put out all the toys and start making sandcastles. Dot, instead, put on her sunglasses, ready to get a tan. I didn't say to her that was impossible for her to get a tan, since she had fur, but I kept my mouth shout. The last thing I wanted was to get hit by a mallet.

I was talking with Bea, knowing each other better. I had to admit I like her. She's cute, caring and sweet. The Warners didn't seem to bother her, even with their zaniness.
I hated when Plotz insulted them: sure, I'm the first who said that they are crazy children, but they didn't have bad intentions, they never harmed anyone. But I usually defend them. They're like my own sons (and daughter).

"Scratchy?" Yakko said, poking my side. "What?" I had to fought my inside demons to not shout at him for interrupted me.
"Can we go to the water?" Wakko asked instead.
I sighed "Dot, wanna go in the water?" I asked.
"No, I'm getting a tan" she answered, using her 'cute' voice, pushing down the sunglasses a little.
"Oh, Otto, go. I will stay with the little girl" Bea chirped in, smiling.
I smiled back. "C'mon, Scratchy, let's go!" Yakko and Wakko said, dragging me down, making me fly in the air.

I would never say that fearless, sarcastic, motor-mouthed and caring brother Yakko Warner was so afraid to swim.

Even his little siblings Wakko and Dot were not afraid of swimming.

Yakko, for the sake to doesn't look weak in front of them, nearly drown, wanting to swim up where we were standing.

I was getting a little annoyed by him. Wakko was swimming good, like a little dog (well, he looked like one, with his ears, his tail and his dangling tongue) but Yakko, whose was a mixed dog himself, was absolutely terrorized by the sea. As he enjoyed jumping the waves and overflow the entire studio lot, he didn't like the sea. At all.

"S-Scratchy, please help!" He whined, looking at me with big pleading eyes.
I swam to him, taking him in my arms. He clang to me for dear life and I see something I thought I would never see in the eldest Warner face: tears. He was crying!
He have never cried.
I was feeling a little guilty, but it was their idea to go to the water.
"Shh, Yakko, it's all right" I said, rubbing his back soothingly.

We returned to the beach umbrella and Yakko was still clung to me. Wakko was quickly jumping around me.

Yakko was hiding his face in my neck, but Wakko was making funny faces so the boy was giggling.

Bea was smiling and chatting with Dot.
They watch us and waved but Dot's expression quickly change from one of joy in one of concern at the view of Yakko, whose was dead weight on me.

I explained to her and she smiled in understand.

Yakko didn't like to be held. Maybe it was because he was the oldest. Or maybe because he thought I was not able to swam holding him. It was not a big deal, the boy weigh no more than 20 kilograms, even if he was tall.
This time, though, he let me hold him without complaining. Maybe because I was not holding him by the scruff of the neck like I saw Ralph doing a lot of time. Geez, I thought it was not a good sensation, be picked up by the scruff of the neck.

I swiftly let him sit on one of the deckchair.

He was watching me with his big black eyes.

Then he paled.

"Scratchy, I'm not feeling very good"

Before he passed out.

Have you like it?
Remember to vote and leave a comment!
Love,
SevielCiel