part two

╔════ ◦ ◦ ⍟ ◦ ◦ ════╗

APOLOGIES NOT
ACCEPTED

APOLOGIES NOTACCEPTED

╚════ ◦ ◦ ⍟ ◦ ◦ ════╝

June 10, 1962

JOSIE WAS NEVER ONE to forgive so easily. Especially when someone said a sexist or racist comment. If anyone got on her bad side, they aren't getting any warmth or kindness from her until they prove that they are worthy of her kindness. So here she is, standing at her locker, glaring daggers at the backs of Bertram Grover Weeks and Kenny DeNunz as they walk out the doors of the school.

She muttered, "fucking bastards," as she aggressively shoved her books into her locker. Josie heard a snicker next to her and she looked to her side to see Tulip chewing on gum, blowing a big pink bubble, and popping it all while staring at Josie with amusement.

"Y'know, you can't hate people forever. You're gonna have to spend classes with them for a while." She picked at her nails that were freshly painted a light pink, mixing well with her dark skin. "Might as well stop wasting your time hating a bunch of ignorant, sexist dickheads. They don't deserve your 'precious time'." She used air quotes, recalling all the times Josie said that when Tulip was asking about which dress went with the shoes.

"Jesus christ, speak of the devil." Tulip muttered, ducking her head and turning away, a scowl evident on her face. Josie knew what she meant. She whipped around, almost coming in contact with the boy she least wanted to see.

Benny looked like he wasn't expecting Josie to know he was coming behind her. But nevertheless, he still held the kind and soft gaze, shifting his backpack strap and leaning his side against the locker.

"Hey, Josie. Tulip." He nodded his head in acknowledgment of Tulip's bothered presence. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't know they would act like that. And I know you may or may not accept my apology, but just give me a chance to prove that they're cool guys, please?" He nervously nibbled on his lip.

He was trying hard not to seem like he was begging or pining, but now that he knew that she loved baseball, it was going to be hard to forget about her. She was beautiful, strong, with great principles and values. She was the perfect girl for Benny Rodriguez.

Upon noticing his want for Josie to accept his apology, she loosened up on the hard stare. "Benny, I'm not pissed at you. So you can lay off the apologizing for them. If they don't of the decency to at least feel sorry about being sexist, then, sorry, but they ain't worth my time." She shrugged simply.