part four

┊͙✧˖*°࿐

( 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 )
𝙞𝙫 : 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮

i told you to stop fucking
taking the kitchen knives

❝ i told you to stop fuckingtaking the kitchen knives ❞

ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟐

BENNY WAS ONLY A FEW THINGS, and a bully wasn't one of them. he was a mama's boy (he tried to hide it), he was a person with few lies, he was an amazing cook, and the only thing he ever wants to do is baseball. but he would never let a closed fist fly anywhere near an innocent person's face. and all you would need to do is just look in his soft, soft eyes and his friends to see that.

but his hate of bullies didn't mean that they didn't see him. they saw who he was. not a weakling, but not a dominant male. not a painfully awkward boy with no ability to look a girl head on, but not a flirt. not a misfit, but not a popular boy with a million dollar white smile. not a boy raised in the slums, but not a rich boy. not a nerd with straight A's, but not a failure. and most importantly, not a white boy. and that was enough for all of the gringos with pockets of money to spend and the jackets that deemed them the leaders of the school.

he told himself that he would never ever disappoint his mama. he told her that he was strong, that he wasn't a victim. but god, the shame he had in his being when he had to climb through his window with a busted lip and scratch on his hands and knees. he didn't want his mama to see and bombard him with "mi hijitos" and "mi amor." he told her he was fuerte, that he was like his papa. but in the end, it was a lie. and he hated lying.

he wasn't a target, as it only happened once and that was 2 months ago, but he still tensed up at his locker as he heard their powerful footsteps, and their varsity jackets. he told himself that he wasn't el cobarde, that it was just because he was ready for their big meaty hands, but he couldn't tell if it was a half-assed truth or if he was sure of himself, like his papa always told him to be. now, he didn't show it, not to parents, not to his close-minded friends, but he actually felt some shame in him. as nice as his life was he was tired of being not this, but not that, he wanted to be someone.

but he didn't know how he could. or when it would come. he just wanted to be the person that everyone knew was fuerte.

and then he saw the Appleton's. Tulip prim and looking like a flowering blossom tree turned into a person, james slouching and bored, looking like a boy who didn't believe in many things but himself. they looked like the type of people who ran in forests where no one could hear and just scream because they hit on life alone.