Late Night Dance

Author's POV:

Y/n made her way down to where the dance was held that night. It had been over twenty minutes since it started, everyone was dancing about with one another and having fun.

Ellie waited patiently, leaning against the table. She drank a little of her whisky in a small glass. Deep down she hoped for Y/n to turn up soon and approach her. Y/n slowly turned the corner and gazed about, her eyes instantly landing on Ellie. The red haired female looked at the ground, clutching onto the delicate glass in her hands. Y/n exhaled softly and began to approach her, her hands stuffed into her pockets, "Hey Ellie." She spoke softly.

Ellie saw her shoes come into view as she looked up, making eye contact with the h/c haired female, "You made it." Ellie grabbed a glass of whiskey on the table next to her and handed it to Y/n. She took it and nodded a thanks, leaning against the table with Ellie. Y/n sighed deeply and shut her eyes for a few second before opening them again, "So, having fun?" Y/n asked, taking a small sip of her whiskey. Ellie scoffed and pressed her lips together, lifting her head up and turning it to Y/n, "Things are a lot more interesting now that you're here." Y/n nudged Ellie and let out a small breath of air, Ellie then letting out a small giggle.

Y/n exhaled softly and drank more of the alcohol in her glass, watching people happily dance about with one another, huge smiles on their faces. Ellie put down her alcohol and leaned her head back slowly, letting out a frustrated grunt. She stood in front of Y/n and held out her hand, "Care to dance?" Y/n let out a pout and eyed her hand, she looked up at Ellie and saw the embarrassment lining in her eyes. She let out a small giggle and took her hand. Ellie pulled her into the dance floor immediately. They laughed together, both of them twirling round with one another and holding hands, pressing their bodies against each other's whilst joining the crowd and dancing in sync.

Joel watched them both from afar. He folded his arms and stood firmly on his feet, observing their every movement as if he was playing the roll of an overprotective father. The slightest smile ever formed on his face, it was caked beneath his beard. He slowly turned and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans, leaving the large room slowly.

Ellie intertwined her fingers with Y/n's and wrapped a quick hand around her waist, leading her on and dancing her about the room. Y/n gripped onto Ellie's hand and shoulder, laughing brightly at her actions. Everyone moved out of the way for the two women as they danced along to the lively and upbeat music playing loudly. Their faces displayed pure joy and happiness as they danced in each other's embrace.

Jesse admired their quickly growing friendship from across the room. He smiled warmly and chuckled to himself, drinking the rest of the liquid that rested about in his glass.

Suddenly, the music began to slowly come to a hault. A much more slower pace of music began to play. It was slow, gentle, the words that were sang were full of love. Y/n and Ellie both looked at each other, covered in sweat whilst breathing heavily. Everyone around them began to embrace each other and press their bodies against their partner's. The moment for the two was quite awkward indeed. A small 'fuck it' could be heard from beneath Ellie's breath. She wrapped her arms around Y/n's waist suddenly, Y/n instinctively resting her arms onto Ellie's shoulders. They swayed from side to side slowly, making deep eye contact. Ellie spoke in a low tone, "So...we met yesterday and we're already in close contact." Y/n giggled quietly and tilted her head to the side, "You have a gentle touch, girl." They both let out the smallest giggle. Y/n leaned forwards, resting her chin onto Ellie's shoulder. Ellie looked about around them, lowering her gaze to the ground as she whispered, "Everyone is staring at us right now." Y/n closed her eyes, allowing a smile make its way onto her face slowly. Ellie swallowed nervously and tightened her grip around Y/n's waist slightly, "Let them stare." Y/n buried her mouth and nose into Ellie's warm shoulder. The red haired female couldn't help the pink blush that began to form on her face. Y/n closed her eyes, relaxing in Ellie's comforting grip. Everyone in the room was practically staring at them both, either in shock or jealousy. Minutes now felt like they were hours, the song was never ending but deep down, both of the girls didn't want to let go. It had literally just been a day and it felt like they were already falling in love. Y/n tried her best to refuse these emotions, she was indeed good at shutting people out but this time..it felt as if Ellie was irresistible. Y/n couldn't believe that it would've been love, that's ridiculous, however, Y/n was indeed attracted to her own gender.

Ellie chewed on her bottom lip in nerves, her eyes scanning over the people that danced around them and the ones who stood, staring at the two women embracing each other. Y/n kept her eyes closed lightly, clearly relaxed in Ellie's embrace.

Ellie whispered gently in Y/n's ear, "It's only been twenty minutes it seems and it's already an interesting night." Y/n let out a small scoff, giggling lightly whilst keeping her eyelids closed, "I'm quite shocked that I haven't freaked out. Being in such close contact with someone else like this..it has indeed been a very long time." Ellie stayed silent, she was clearly lost in thought as she let Y/n's sad words sink in. The red haired female pulled her closer, pressing her stomach against Y/n's. Y/n held back a shocked gasp, immediately biting her tongue to shut herself up. Her heartbeat sped up immensely at Ellie's actions, the top of her forehead heated up. Everyone stared and began to whisper, some giggled and some exchanged dirty looks to Y/n in particular. However, Y/n kept her eyes shut and ignored the whispers that ate away at her stomach.

Ellie narrowed her gaze towards Jesse that stood, his eyebrow raised. She looked over to Dina, a smirk was plastered onto her face. Ellie swallowed nervously, she had no idea herself on what she was doing. Her and Y/n had only met yesterday and they were already in such close contact.

It felt like the moment was lasting for hours. But as the song gently faded from everyone's ears, the two females let go of each other, staring into one another's eyes.