Chapter 3

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING HARRY POTTER RELATED, IT IS ALL THE PROPERTY OF J. K. ROWLING (Also, I hate having to write this every time; it's incredibly tedious).

"What are going to name her?" Remus asked Harry.
Harry looks at the snake draped across his shoulders, a name pops into his head.
"How do you like the name Odessa?" He asks the serpent, his voice coming out in hisses.
The snake nods her head as Sirius and Remus watch the pair curiously.
"Harry? Would you like to see your room?"
Harry's eyes light up even more as his he nods his head excitedly. The two men begin to climb the stairs as Harry follows; snake still draped across his shoulders. They continue to climb the stairs until they all stop outside an oak door. The golden door handle polished to perfection. Remus swings the door open and steps to the side, gesturing to Harry to enter.

Harry enters the room and his eyes instantly well up with tears of joy. He looks around at the room. The crisp white walls look freshly painted. On one wall there are five white floating shelves, scattered at various levels on the wall. Against the opposite wall is a grand king size four poster bed with white curtains and bedding. There is a huge window opposite the door and as Harry looks out it, he sees the quaint garden out the back. The garden is done beautifully and looks as though it is enchanted. Lastly Harry notices the second door in the room. He hesitantly opens it before cringing, waiting for someone to tell him off for exploring. When no shouting comes, he steps through the door to find a huge walk-in wardrobe.
"We will hang up your clothes for you once we've shown you the rest of the house. How do you like your room? We didn't want to add any colours because we didn't know what you would like." Sirius says, curiosity evident in his voice.
"It's perfect!" Harry shouts excitedly.
Remus and Sirius chuckle as they lead the small boy on a tour of the rest of the house.

***

That night after dinner, Remus and Sirius take Harry up to his room. Harry heads to his bed and does a little jump while scrambling to get onto it. He clambers under the covers. Sirius tucks Harry in before kissing his forehead.
"Goodnight Harry. We are just across the hall if you need us. Have a good sleep little one." He says softly.
Harry smiles softly at Sirius before Remus follows Sirius's actions.
"Goodnight cub. We will see you in the morning."
Harry's eyes drift shut as the candles are blown out and the door shut. The last thing he hears before his mind drifts to sleep is the feint sound of Odessa slithering along the bed head.

The bars of the cot obstructed Harry's vision a little, but he could still see what was going on. He heard a thump come from downstairs, followed by footsteps coming up the stairs.
"It's going to be okay Harry! Your daddy and I love you very much. You're going to be okay." The woman in front of him whispers desperately before kissing his forehead.
The door to his right bursts open to reveal a man who Harry did not recognise. He stalked over to the woman.
"Get away from the baby." The man whispers dangerously.
"Please don't hurt him. Take me instead." She tries to reason with the man.
"Move!"
"Expel-"
"Avada Kedavra!"
The bright green light shoots from the mans wand and hits the woman. Her now lifeless body drops to the floor. The man steps over her and makes his way to the cot. He reaches in and picks up Harry.
"Hello Harry. You will now be living a whole new life now. Obliviate."

Harry sat straight up in his bed. His blankets falling to his floor as he does. Little balls of sweat line his brow bone and his left hand wipes them off automatically.
'What the hell was that about?' His mind wonders.
He swiftly pushes himself off his bed and lands on the floor with a slight thud. He fumbles around for his glasses before putting them on and setting off on a mission.
"Good morning Harry!" The two men chime as he enters the kitchen.
"Good morning!" He greets happily as he joins them at the table.
Sirius snaps his fingers and a strange looking creature appears. He quickly says something to the creature before the creature disappears again.
"What was that?" Harry asks, curiosity evident in his voice.
"That was a house elf. His name is Dipsy. If you ever need something, you can just call him and he will come to you." Sirius explains.
Dipsy reappears with a couple other house elves, all holding platters of food that they set down at the table. They leave again before coming back with drinks, plates and cutlery. Sirius is the first to reach for some food.
"How did my parents die?" Harry asks, his voice breaking the silence.
Sirius drops the piece of toast he's holding and it lands on the floor.
"Have you never been told?" Remus asks, the first of the two of them to get over their shock.
"Well my aunt and uncle always told me that they got themselves killed in a car crash. But I never really believed them." Harry explains.
"Oh Merlin! That is the most disrespectful thing I think I've ever heard!" Sirius shouts.
Harry cringes away from Sirius and Sirius rushes to him.
"Oh no Harry! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I just can't believe they never told you the truth."
Harry relaxes a little, still slightly on edge.
"Well Harry, your parents were killed when you were one on Halloween night. They were in hiding, hiding from the Dark Lord at the time. Voldemort was a terrible man who killed lots of muggles and muggle-borns. He was a man who had slightly snake like features. The only wizard that scared him was Albus Dumbledore. Voldemort went there that night and Lily took you to hide while James stayed downstairs to protect you both. Voldemort killed James before going upstairs to kill Lily. Then he tried to kill you but the killing curse rebounded and killed him instead, that's how you got your scar." Remus explains.
"Are you okay?" Sirius asks, his expression unhappy after having to hear the story of his best friends' deaths again.
"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you for telling me."
But Harry wasn't satisfied. As he ate his piece of toast he was racking his brain trying to connect the dots. Remus said that Voldemort had slightly snake-like features, but the man in his dream didn't at all. Harry excuses himself before searching the house for the library. He finds it and begins searching the shelves.
"Aha!"
He pulls a book off a shelf and blows the dust off the cover. The title gleams slightly: Dark Wizards Throughout History.
'Thank goodness I read a lot while at the Dursley's! I don't think that this book is going to be at the standard reading level for a kid.' He thinks to himself while chuckling.
He finds a seat at a desk and begins to read.
'Who is that man from my dream?'

Hi everyone! I am super sorry for not updating in so long! You honestly wouldn't even believe what a mess my life has been since I last updated. I have been trying to get around to updating but with everything that has been going on, I have barely had a minute to breathe. I have seriously been writing this chapter for over a month now with every spare second I've had. I really am so sorry for taking so long! But I am overwhelmed with the amount of reads and votes I've had already! And I'm not going to lie, I do have a little party every time I get a notification saying that one of you has added my book to your reading lists! Thank you all for being so patient! Also if you have any constructive criticism, let me know! I'd love to hear what you think! I'm starting the next chapter now, so hopefully it won't be long before the next update.