Chapter 8

Weeks pass and Harry's lessons with Severus continue. He picks up legilimency and occlumency very easily. Throughout the weeks, Dumbledore continues to try and get into Harry's head.
"There's nothing else I can teach you. You have perfected the art of both legilimency and occlumency." Snape states proudly.
"Are you sure?"
"One hundred percent certain."
"Well thank you. Now to put my skills to the test on people other than yourself."
"Please don't invade people's privacy. Only use your skills on people if they give permission, or the headmaster."
Harry gives a quick nod before once again thanking the professor and leaving the room. Upon entering the common room, he spots Draco across the room reading a book. Harry quickly but quietly sneaks up behind him. Harry throughs himself over the back of the lounge and lands on top of an unsuspecting Draco. Draco let's out a yelp as Harry lands on him. His book tossed in the air lands on the floor with a thud.
"Merlin, Harry! You scared the living daylights out of me!"
Harry let's out a loud laugh causing a few groups of people in the common room to glance at him.
"That was the plan!"
Draco pouts. He try's to show as much betrayal in his eyes as possible. But the look just causes Harry to laugh even more.
"As if that look would work on me."
Draco gives up and just grins at Harry. He quickly pushes Harry so that Harry lands on the floor next to the discarded book.
"That was mean." Harry whines.
"Deal with it."
Harry gets off the floor and takes a seat on the lounge next to Draco.
"Dray..." Harry trails off.
"What do you want?"
"Can I practice legilimency on you?"
Draco just sighs and nods. Harry grins and looks Draco in the eye. Harry explores the outer layers of Draco's mind. He comes across memories of him and his parents and memories of Harry and Draco. Thoughts he's had during classes and thoughts of his future. Then one particular thought caught Harry's eye. It was a thought of Draco and Harry walking through the halls of Hogwarts. Their hands entwined and then Draco turns to Harry and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving.
"Well that certainly worked! Now to do it on Dumbledore!" Draco quickly states.
Harry slowly nods. His brain still focusing on the thought he just saw. Does Draco have feelings for him? Draco starts fidgeting as he notices the blank look on Harry's face. Great. He didn't clear his mind and now Harry knows his secret. Maybe Harry will just pretend he didn't see it? Yeah. Hopefully that's what he will do.
"I'm heading to bed. Goodnight, Harry."
Draco walks so fast to his room that it could be classified as a light jog. He gets ready for bed and gets in, shutting all the curtains around his bed before falling asleep.
"I think Draco likes me." Harry whispers quietly to himself.

***

The next morning, Harry wakes up before the rest of the boys in his dorm. He showers and gets ready for the day ahead of him. As he sits cross legged on the end of his bed to read an Ancient Runes book, Draco wakes up. He gets up and begins to rummage through his wardrobe for his uniform. His usually slicked back hair sticks up in all directions and his silver eyes are clouded with exhaustion. And it was that exact moment, where Draco looked so vulnerable and was muttering away to himself about how cheap the quality of the school uniform is, that Harry realised that he had feelings for Draco. Harry placed his book gently on the bed as he pondered on how to let Draco know. And that's when it came to him. Legilimency. He will use his legilimency skills to place images in Draco's mind.
"Ready for breakfast, Harry?" Draco asks.
Harry quickly nods as he jumps off his bed, grabs his bag and catches up to Draco. As the duo enter the hall, Harry quickly empties his mind, leaving a few boring thoughts at the surface just for Dumbledore to see. He looks up to the front of the room and Dumbledore smirks as their eyes lock.
"Not so clever now, are we, Potter?" He mutters to himself.
"Pardon, Albus?" Minerva asks.
"Nothing, my dear. Nothing at all." He replies, maintaining eye contact with the young boy.
Harry pushes some more thoughts to the outer layer of his mind. Simple thoughts about homework and classes cloud Harry's mind. Albus quickly ends the eye contact and let's out a huff of annoyance. The boys mind was useless to him. Albus angrily stabs at his eggs while thinking up a new plan.
"He finally searches your mind?" Draco asks as the pair sit down at the Slytherin table.
Harry nods while placing some smoked salmon and poached eggs on his plate.
"Did you see the look on his face when we made eye contact?! He looked so smug and all he got to see were my thoughts about classes and homework! Now look at him, he is so angry!" Harry states smugly while chuckling.
Draco follows Harry's line of vision and looks at Dumbledore just in time to watch him angrily stab an egg. The runny yolk spurts out and onto Albus's robes. The vein in his temple begins to show up even more as his face reddens with anger. The two boys look back at each other and automatically crack up laughing. Harry leans onto Draco, catching the boy by surprise and the two fall backwards off the bench. Harry half lands on Draco, softening his fall slightly. While Draco lands hard on the stone floor. The two boys just laugh even harder, tears leaking out of their eyes and rolling down their faces.
"Boys, this kind of behaviour is hardly acceptable for breakfast. I must ask that you get off the floor and eat the rest of your breakfast quietly or excuse yourselves." Albus states as he stands above them.
As the boys begin to push themselves up off the floor, the post arrives. As the owls all swoop into the hall, one flies directly above the headmaster and a dropping lands on his head and begins to slide down his forehead. Albus's face begins to turn even more red, his eyes now bulging. The boys quickly scramble to get up, trying to hold in their laughter.
"Excuse us, Albus." Draco quickly mumbles before the two boys grab their bags and walk very quickly out of the hall.
As soon as they leave, Draco grabs Harry's hand and drags him into an empty classroom. Once the door clicks shut, the boys crack up with laughter once again.
"He looked like he was about to explode!" Harry laughs out.
"That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen!" Draco squeaks out as he tries to catch his breath.
As the boys calm down, Harry casts a quick tempus.
"Merlin! We are nearly late for class!"
The two boys quickly grab their bags and sprint out of the room. They turn a corner and run right into Blaise.
"You two are a mess, get yourselves together. Oh, and Professor Snape wants to see you both during lunch." Blaise whispers as they enter the classroom.