Chapter 6

That evening, Harry dozed off with Draco's fingers still running through his hair. Draco looked down at the boy with a content smile on his face. A feeling stirred in the pit of Draco's stomach. Not knowing what it was, Draco chose to ignore it. It was getting late and Draco was getting more and more sleepy. He gently shook the boy in his lap, hoping that it would wake him. But much to his dismay, it didn't. Draco let out a sigh and resigned himself to the fact that he would be sleeping on the couch. He gently lifted Harry's head so he could move himself into a more comfortable position to sleep in. He twisted from one side to the other and eventually got comfortable. Harry's back pressed to Draco's chest, Draco fell asleep with a smile on his face. As he fell into a deep sleep, his arm slithered around Harry's waist; pulling him closer.

***

The next morning Harry woke up feeling content and warm. As his mind started to take in everything, he realised that he had fallen asleep on the couch, and there is an arm around him. He rolled over to face the person, only to come face to face with the blond haired boy. Draco was fast asleep, lightly snoring. Harry smiled, his best friend looked absolutely adorable with his platinum hair all messy from his sleep. Harry nuzzled against the boy, his head resting just below Draco's chin. Harry's hair tickled Draco's chin, causing him to wake up.
"Morning, Harry." His voice still heavy with sleep.
"Good Morning, Dray."
They both stayed in that position for a while longer.
"Are you two gay?" A voice behind them asks.
"No!" The two say simultaneously as they jump apart.
As they jump apart, Draco falls off the couch, landing on the floor with a thud.
"Are you okay, Dray?" Harry asks, concern evident in his voice.
Harry holds out his hand to Draco who grabs it. Harry helps the blond boy off the floor.
"I'm fine. Why would you ask that?" His attention switching to Zabini.
The Italian just laughs before leaving the room. The duo head towards their bedroom. They get ready for the day.

***

Harry is bored. He has already learned everything that is being taught in his classes, so he's running out of patience very quickly. His marks are perfect every single time in all of his classes (including potions now). He lets out a sigh.
"What's wrong with you?" Draco asks, putting his quill down mid-sentence to look at Harry.
"I'm bored." Harry whines.
"Do you want a game of wizarding chess then?"
"No. Not that kind of bored. The classes are boring. I already know all of this."
"How are you not in Ravenclaw?!" Draco mumbles under his breath.
"What was that?"
"I said 'why don't you ask a professor for extra learning then?'. Sev would probably enjoy dumping a whole heap of work on you."
"That would be a good idea, except for the fact that then I'd be bored during classes throughout the rest of school."
"I don't know what you want me to tell you then!"
Draco picks up his quill, dips it into the ink and continues writing his essay, a frown prominent on his forehead. Harry notices and leans his head onto Draco's shoulder.
"I'm sorry. I know you're only trying to help."
Draco just sighs and leans his head on top of Harry's. The two stay like that for a while. Until Draco jumps up suddenly.
"I know what you could do! I could send a letter to father and ask for some of the books from our library!"
"Really? You'd do that for me?"
"Of course! Any particular genre?"
"The dark arts would be great?"
Draco nods as he hurriedly gathers all his things off the desk. Once he places everything in his bag, he grabs Harry's hand and begins to pull him along behind him. They exit the library and make their way to the top of the West tower. Once they reach the owlery, Draco grabs a sheet of parchment, his quill and his ink pot out of his bag. He begins to write a letter, making sure his writing is perfect as to prevent his father from being annoyed. He ties the latter to an owl and the two watch as the owl flies into the distance.

***

That night during dinner, an owl lands in front of Draco carrying a letter and a parcel. Draco unties the letter and takes the parcel as Harry feeds the owl a small chunk of Salmon. The owl flies off as soon as it swallows the fish. Draco places the parcel and letter on his lap, hoping that he doesn't look suspicious for leaving everything unopened. The two eat dessert quickly and head back to their dormitory. As soon as they enter, they run to their room. Draco sits down on his bed and Harry sits opposite him, the parcel and letter between them. Draco opens the letter and begins to read.

Dear Draco,

I am pleased that you are actually wanting to study the Dark Arts at this age. Most children don't become interested in learning about them until they have reached the age of fifteen. I have enclosed the following books for you:

Secrets of the Darkest Art
The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts
Confronting the Faceless

I do look forward to discussing the texts with you during your stay over the Yule period.

Regards,

Lucius Malfoy.

Harry waits patiently as Draco unwraps the books. Once unwrapped he passes them to Harry. Harry takes them and immediately opens Secrets of the Darkest Art and begins reading.
"I guess I'll be reading those after you. Obviously Father is planning on testing me so I'll definitely need to read them."
Harry doesn't respond, his mind is to entranced by the book. Draco let's out a sigh before taking his essay to the writing desk in the corner. His mind focusing on finally finishing it before his Charms class tomorrow. Professor Flitwick may be tiny, but he is quite terrifying when he's angry. After a very long hour, Draco finally finishes. He carefully places his essay into his bag before getting ready for bed. Once ready, he walks over to Harry who is still reading on his bed.
"Harry, I need sleep. Could you please move to your bed?" Draco asks while trying to stifle a yawn.
Harry doesn't answer. He doesn't even acknowledge that Draco spoke to him. A frown appears on Draco's forehead as he lets out a huff.
"I'll just sleep in your bed then."
He stomps off to Harry's bed and gets in. He closes his eyes and quickly drifts off to a pleasant sleep. On the bed next to him, Harry continues to read all through the night.