Chapter 18

A few days go by and Harry was still being made to stay in the hospital wing under Madam Pomfrey's close watch. Harry was going insane. He had read all his books and was just waiting for the perfect moment to sneak out again. If he didn't have his books, he knew he would've already gone insane. Of course, his father and Draco had been in whenever they had the chance. Although Harry was grateful, his mind could only focus on trying to find the perfect ritual. That's all he cared about at the moment. That damn ritual. The panic had set in for Harry. The end of the school year was quickly approaching and he still didn't have the ritual. He didn't want to disappoint Tom, but the chance of him finding it was looking rather bleak.
"Harry?"
Harry returned to reality to find Madam Pomfrey standing at the end of his bed.
"Yes?"
"I said that you are right to leave. You're levels are back to normal and the fever is gone. But if I find you back in here for the same reason, I will be very angry."
Harry smiled. The nurses words sounded harsh, but Harry knew that she just cared for him.
"Thank you, Poppy. You are always so good to me. I'll try not to have to come back and stay in here for the rest of the year." Harry replied with a wink.
The nurse just smiled, rolled her eyes and shook her head slightly in response. She had such a soft spot for the boy, he reminded her of when she was his age. The boy loved to study, it was rare to find him without a book in his hand. Admittedly, he does study even more than Poppy had. But she admired the boy for his studious behaviour, even if it ends up that he has to stay in the hospital wing. She enjoys caring for him.

***

Harry wandered the halls, slowly making his way to his common room for the first time in what felt like ages. He was nearly entirely lost in his thoughts. The only part of his mind that wasn't focused on his thoughts was leading him to the common room. As he entered the common room, it was empty except for a boy with platinum blond hair. Harry had missed that boy. Although Draco had come to visit whenever he could, it wasn't the same as getting to go to class with the boy and just relaxing in the common room with him. The platinum haired boy turned as he heard the common room entrance close. As he laid his eyes on Harry, the silver eyes lit up in excitement and a huge smile graced his lips.
"Harry!" He shouted
Draco ran straight at Harry. Harry was still lost in his thoughts as a force knocked him backwards and against a wall. He snapped out of his thoughts when arms wrapped around him and squeezed tightly. Harry smiled as his eyes took in the platinum hair and hugged him back. The blond pulled away slightly and one hand caressed the side of Harry's face while the other laced itself into the silky black hair. Draco leant in and his lips brushed against the other boys. The room seemed to melt away and all Draco could think of was Harry. He didn't feel fireworks or anything, instead he just felt incredibly calm. Possibly the calmest he's ever felt. When Harry felt lips against his own, his brain snapped out of his thoughts and was on high alert. Harry's eyes widened until he saw that it was Draco kissing him. Harry's eyes shut and he kissed back. It was nice, although a little sloppy and hesitant. Draco pulled away and took a deep breath before opening his eyes. His eyes met glowing green ones. He took a few steps back as his mind caught up to him. His gaze dropped to the floor as he mumbled a quick 'sorry'.
"Why are you sorry?" Harry asked the boy.
"I kissed you. Without asking." Draco replied quietly.
"Well it's about time."
Draco's head snapped up and his eyes met Harry's. The green eyes shone with happiness and a smile made its way to Draco's lips.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. And I'm quite glad that it has happened sooner rather than later."
"Really?"
"Yes! I don't know how much longer I could have waited."
Draco's smile got even wider. So wide that it was actually hurting his cheeks.
"Harry, will you be my boyfriend?"
Harry smiled and wrapped his arms around the blond boys skinny frame.
"Of course I will. I can't believe it took you so long."
Draco hugged Harry, his head rested in the crook of Harry's neck. The smile stayed on his lips. He was ecstatic. He had wanted this for so long.
"About time you two!" A voice said with a chuckle.
The two separated and looked towards to stairs to the boys dorms to find Blaise leaning against the railing with a smirk plastered on his lips.
"How long have you been there?" Harry asked.
"Since Draco shouted your name." His smirk growing bigger.
Harry rolled his eyes in response.
"You shouldn't have been listening. It was a private conversation." Draco stated with a slight frown.
"Well next time you want a private conversation, maybe try having it in your bedroom. Seriously though, it's about time you two finally got together! I was coming to terms with the fact that it wasn't going to happen this year."
The two boys just rolled their eyes at him. Blaise laughed and headed back in the direction of his room. Draco's hand entwined with Harry's. Harry fidgeted, trying to get his hand into a comfortable position.
"What's wrong?" Draco asked the boy.
"My hand feels uncomfortable."
"So does mine. It's probably because we aren't used to holding hands as boyfriends instead of friends. So we are just overthinking it."
"You're probably right. I'm sure it will feel normal again soon. I suppose we always held hands and cuddled before now, so the only new thing really is kissing. So I guess we will just get used to being romantic rather than friendly."
"We will. I'm sure of it."
The two boys walked over to a couch by the fire. Harry dumped his bag on the floor as Draco sat down. Harry laid down on the couch, his head in Draco's lap. Draco's fingers combed through Harry's hair and Harry let out a sigh.
"This still feels perfect." He mumbled in contentment.
Draco smiled softly down at his boyfriend, watching as the green eyes fluttered closed. Draco couldn't stop smiling.