CHAPTER 1.

"We need to run away," I said to Abigail, my sister. "Where are we going to go?" Abigail asked. I shrugged. It didn't matter where we went as long as we got away from this horrible place. I was terrified. All the screaming and yelling. All the trouble I would've gotten into with the cops. If it wasn't for my sister, I wouldn't be alive right now.

I remember that day. The day Mom and Dad got murdered. It was a very devastating time for me and Abigail. Since Mom and Dad died, I've lived with Abigail. She's 24 and I'm 13. She currently works 2 jobs. I think of Abigail more of a mom than a sister. By that I mean she buys me everything I need. Like school supplies, clothes, and stuff like that. We are struggling right now. Abigail doesn't have a car, so she walks to work. One of her jobs is right down the street which is 7 miles away. And her other job is 2 miles from her first job. She works as a waitress at Burger Ville. And a receptionist at Hotel Inc. She tries her hardest to get us what we need to live.

Abigail and I did something horribly wrong. Abigail's boyfriend, Tim, kidnapped Abigail and held her hostage. I guess Abigail owed him money. Somewhere around $46,000. All that money was for my school funds. Mostly my uniform for school and school supplies.

I heard her scream. I remember rushing into the room after arriving from my friend Ollie's house. I ran in with a knife in my hand. I aimed directly towards Tim. I stabbed him. I had my eyes closed so I didn't know where I had stabbed him. The next thing I know is me and Abigail are running towards Tim's car. He drove a Ford Mustang. It's a good thing Abigail has a drivers license. We drove as fast as possible. Abigail stopped driving and turned back around towards the house.

"Run in the house. Grab my clothes, your clothes and pack them in a suitcase. Then bring them to the car." Abigail said. I got out of the car and darted towards the door of the house. I ran up the stairs and ran into my room and grabbed as many clothes as I could. Then run towards Abigail's room to grab her clothes. I was scared. I'm a boy going into my sister's room to get her clothes. Doesn't sound weird at all. Does it? I kept thinking about Tim. Is he still alive? Or is he dead? I was slowly walking down the stairs until I heard a low groan. It was Tim, I thought. I felt a cold breath, almost as cold as ice on my shoulder. I was frozen. I need to get out of here, I thought. I turned around.

I became petrified at the sight of Tim's face. His nose was bleeding and his eyes were all dark and filled with hatred. "Thought you got rid of me, huh?" Tim asked, with a big grin on his face. In a flash, he grabbed me by my throat and squeezed as hard as possible. I couldn't breathe. I was practically gasping for air. My face turned as purple as a plum that day. That's the darkest I've ever been. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Abigail running for Tim with a screwdriver. I kid you not, our family is crazy. My hands were hitting Tim's. I wasn't the strongest kid in the family, but at least I was good with weapons.

I was scared for my life and Abigail's life. Tim was always that crazy stalker boyfriend. If Abigail went somewhere, Tim had to know where she went and when she'd be back. He's crazy. I didn't like him from the start.

One day he was telling Abigail about he just got out of a rehab facility. I only knew because I like to eavesdrop on other people's conversations. My mom used to do that. Too bad that's the way she died. From eavesdropping and snooping around in her boss' business. Her boss got rid of her the next day. I still miss them. Mom and Dad were the best parents ever. If Abigail and I get caught by the police, I might be sent to an orphanage. That's a place for kids whose parents died or don't want them anymore.

Of course, my mom and dad wanted me, but hopefully, Abigail and I get out of this mess. It's really hard being 13 and already getting into trouble with a good record.