CHAPTER 3.

I was walking toward the bathroom and got hit in the face with a nasty smell of urine. It smelled horrible. I almost threw up my breakfast, which wasn't really that good for waffles. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It tasted plain. Like a plain bagel. I was trying to hold my nose and use the bathroom at the same time. It failed. I gagged from the horrible smell of urine.

There was something on the floor. It looked like a puddle of water. I did my business and washed my hands. I started walking out, but slipped on the puddle of "water". There wasn't much light in the bathroom, but I saw the so-called puddle of water, wasn't water, it was blood. I felt it drip on my shoulder. I took my finger and swiped it off. The light was really dim, but I saw the dark red substance. I put my hand over my mouth. The pipe above me sound like it was about to burst. The pipe was leaking something. I couldn't quite map out what it was, but, it was some type of liquid. As I began to walk out, the pipe burst. "BOOM!"

I was scared, petrified even, at what I saw come out of the pipe. The blood was from a body. A body that looked like my mother. No, it was my mother. "No, i-it can't be. She was buried in Burrow Hills. She...she can't be here. Can she?" I kept talking to myself. I was scared and terrified at the same time. The flies swarmed around her, eating at her open wounds from what looks like a gunshot. That horrible smell wasn't urine, it was blood and open flesh.

"Abigail, there is something I need to show you," I said to Abigail. "What's wrong?" Abigail asked, worried. "Mr. Officer, there is someone in the bathroom," I tell the officer about what I saw. "Thank you for the help sport. Show me." the officer said. I began walking towards the bathroom. I opened the door, listening to it creak and there she was. Covered in flies and maggots. "Oh my goodness. T-that's Mom!" Abigail shouted. I nodded, tears flowing down my cheeks. Abigail held her hand over her mouth, to keep away from screaming and dropping down to her knees and crying. "This is your mother?" the officer said. "Yes, sir. This is our mother. But, she was buried in Burrow Hills so I have no clue how she ended up here." I say, pointing at the figure on the bathroom floor. "It's scary, you know? Seeing a family member or relative dead right in front of you. I'm Officer Burrow by the way." Officer Burrow says. I look up at him. If his name is Burrow, he has to know the owners of Burrow Hills Burial Grounds. "Sir, would you happen to know anybody at the Burrow Hills Burial Grounds?" I ask. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. My father used to own the place. Still does after all these years. Even though he died last week, he still owns it." he says. I nod.

"We should get going." I say, breaking the silence. Abby and the officer nod. We begin walking outside of the bathroom and I notice someone familiar. "You!" I yelled. It was my mom's boss. I hated him so much. He deserved to rot in jail. "You know him?" Officer Burrow asks. "Yes of course. That's the guy who killed my mother." I say. Abigail just stands there, all quiet and shivering.
Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I felt bad that she had to see that. Poor thing. Never gets to have any happiness in her life. She deserves happiness. "Sir, may I ask when me and my sister will be getting out of here?" I ask. "Kiddo, you are sentenced to 2 months because you murdered someone." Officer Burrow says. "That was in self defense. He was hurting my sister. That's not fair." I say, getting ticked off. "Life isn't fair kid. I understand that you are scared and everything, but as long as your sister is here, you shouldn't be as scared. You have nothing to worry about." he said.

I felt my sister hug me and I calmed down a little. I knew everything would be alright. But I didn't want to be around that man. He killed my mother. I could never forgive him for what he has done. I sighed. What now? I thought to myself. There is no going back. I know what I did was wrong but it was self defense. Why cant they understand that? You see all these other people killing people claiming it was self defense and they let them go, but when I say it I still get 2 months in jail. This is so unfair.