//Chapter 5//

Unearthly (adj.)
/ʌnˈəːθli/
1.
unnatural or mysterious, especially in a disturbing way.
"unearthly beautiful."
Synonyms: other-wordly, supernatural, not of this world

Harper slammed her hand down on her phone to silence her alarm, she became aware that her sheets were pushed over to the other side of her bed and the temperature was sweltering. After she opened the window to let fresh air in, she moved around her room with her eyes half open.

Harper rummaged through her drawers and found her light blue jodhpurs and paired it with a large red shirt. She wrestled her hair into French braids and applied a small amount of sun cream to her face, as she didn't want to get a burnt face.

When she walked into the kitchen, with her boots pulled on, she saw a note on the table; Harper, I've gone to work, be home at 7. Harper sighed and decided to get some breakfast, she opted for a fruit bar and filled a water bottle and put a few ice cubes inside.

Once she had locked the front door and double checked that she had her phone and keys, she set off down the lane for the stables. The birds chirped around her as the island came to life on a hot summer day.

As she turned into the stables, the horses were pacing anxiously in their stables. They were waiting for their morning feed and were getting impatient. Harper giggled as Robin whinnied at her for his feed, she walked into the tack room and put her keys with her water bottle into her locker.

Slowly, she moved to the feed room and started to make Robin's breakfast. She poured everything she needed into the bucket and walked out of the feed room. When she looked over to the entrance, she saw Becky and Ben turn into the yard. When they made eye contact, they both waved at each other.

Harper walked into Robin's stable and put his feed bucket onto the hook. Robin plunged his head into the bucket and started to eat quickly. She decided to muck Robin out in the evening as she mucked him out the previous day.

The moment she moved out of Robin's stable, Sam walked over to her and started to steer her towards the main area where people got their horses.

"Right everyone! This is Harper." Sam shook Harper's shoulders slightly, Harper felt like digging a hole and sitting in it, "she poses some serious competition to some of you!"

Harper breathed a sigh of relief when Sam released her grip on her shoulders, instead Sam moved on to something more interesting, "Pony People are visiting the yard, today!"

Everyone cheered and got exited, Pony People was a huge deal in the horse world.

Sam instructed everyone to carry on with their chores, everyone was more than keen.

"Where are you going?" Jade asked as Zoe, who had basically just shown up, turned to leave the yard.

Zoe seemed resigned to her fate, "I'm supposed to meet up with my mom." Zoe says it in the American way 'mom', Harper wondered if Becky still thought Zoe was actually French.

"You can't leave!" Becky was adamant, "you just got here, plus I can't carry the hay bales on my own." Becky then pulled Zoe towards the hay stack. Zoe sent a desperate look to Harper, but Harper just waved her hand with a smile.

As the afternoon progressed people became more frantic around the yard, chores became more hurried and people scrambled to get their horses ready. Harper had groomed Robin quickly and tacked him up before she started with her chores, just so she didn't run out of time. Harper had opted for Robin's white saddle pad instead of his black one, as it looked nicer with Robin's coat colour.

Harper walked towards the tack room to grab her hat, she saw Zoe and Pin tacking Raven up. Zoe had come to her and complained about having to tack up Raven with Pin, who she believed to be very cold hearted.