Prologue "Nights in white satin"

When a man moves away from nature his heart becomes hard
-Lakota

Year - 2038

Near old Route 66 lays a meteor impact site dating back 50,000 years this was once a hub of tourism for Winslow now left for only nature to marvel upon.
Any signs of life is now a heap of wood where the visiting centre used to stand.
After the 2025 natural disaster earth was never the same again.
Places like this only reminded people how truly powerless they are, not even state of the art technology can stop nature, humans had lost their way and fate in everything, survival of mankind has now become critical.

But tonight the crater landmark had become a welcome break for two old-time hippies and they're beaten up motorhome.

The night sky twinkled like a Christmas tree over the landscape of the Arizona desert, the air had a chill to it but that did not dampen Frank and Garrison euphoria as they each shared a toke of some blueberry space cake they had bought off a very shady dealer they met in a bar in Vegas.

Inhaling the heavenly sweet blueberry aroma, a hint of sage tickled their nostrils as they had a drag.
Sitting on the roof of their motor home watching the skies above as the eerily sounds of the moody blues band echoed out into the dark vastness around them, only a faint glow from a Solar lamp sat in between the two men.
Parked off the main road "out of sight out of mind" was their motto as any stories going around about family's becoming victims to bloodthirsty psychopaths that were only out for unsavoury thrills.

Even though Frank and Garrison were not sprung chickens and were all about sharing peace and love, the world around them meant they had to know how to use an AK-47 and an AK-12, survival of the smartest, not the fittest.

" You want another beer, Frank?"Garrison asked as he stood up from the rusty outdoor chair he found on the side of the road, Frank hated that about garrison he was more of the mindset that garbage was garbage for a good reason

" Sure." He replies munching on some steal crackers.

Garrison began the descent down the side ladder, a sudden flash on the horizon caught him off guard.
His bodies instincts screamed ... RUN .... but his half baked thoughts shouted "Rad ... let's stay for this awesome light show".

At the same time, he could not but be bewildered to what this could be.
It was not a plane for the fact there seemed to be a trail of rainbow colours in its wake as it hurled across the night sky and it was not from a vehicle in the distance as it was too high above the ground.
Frank continued munching on the crackers like a pig until he noticed Garrison still hanging from the side of the motor home.

"Dude, you okay !?" He asked as he sat up from his chair.

Garrison did not respond as if in a trancelike state.

" You crossed faded again... I told you not to fucking drink hard if you're going to smoke dude!" Frank said annoyed.

But he could see that Garrison's face had lit up from a light source from behind them, without hesitation he grabbed his AK-47 in sudden terror as he thought they were about to be attacked in the middle of the desert.

He swiftly spun around, he too became dazed as his eyes caught sight of this ball of light.
The feel of the atmosphere around them had a electric charge to it suddenly , the hair on their bodies stood on end as static ran through the air, in the background the music was cracking and hissing wildly making it even eerier while at the same moment the sky above them turned from pure darkness to a white, intense, alluring light.
Suddenly the flash became so bright a heat radiated from it, blinding them, within a few short breaths the ball of exceptional light passed over their heads.
No sound, no bast of wind, no sign of an object over them, only a blaze of illumination and heat.

Within a few moments Garrison felt every inch of his body turn to jelly, he had no control over himself he tried to climb back up to Frank, his body seemed completely numbed to his command.

At the same moment, Frank felt his pupils burn within their sockets the intense ball of light was too much. Every moment that passed and every breath he inhaled appeared to become longer and longer, deeper and deeper.... until it became a daze to them both as if the minds and bodies were numbed for a reason.
A cracking sound from all around made it feel as if the ground from below them was opening, the motor home shook violently as the cracking became louder and louder... BOOM...... A heavy blow from behind them sent their bodies flying like rag dolls, still blinded by the light they were immobilized, hopeless, there was nothing they could do.

As fast as the light came it faded to a dim glow around them.

A familiar heaviness come back to Garrison, he felt as if the gravity of his own self was back in his control again, he tried to move but couldn't as something heavy laid across his wounded legs.

He struggled for a little while to no avail, he was stuck and his vision began to blur " FUCKKK !!" He roared out in agony, as the blur turned to darkness ... the last thing Garrison heard was his buddy Frank screaming out.