Chapter 2

~ The Forest ~
.
Breaking news alert :

New Zealand's discovery of an unknown black goo has the Institute of environmental science and research centre in Wellington baffled. Residents of the area reported unusually foggy activity arriving in Fitzroy bay, which lasted for several hours with intense lightning storms seen within the dense smog.

Luna awoke with a jolt, the sudden sound of voices startled her from her dreamless state. Drowsy she sat up adjusted herself.

" Hey, can you dim the control panel lights!" Luna asked shielding her eyes.

There was no reply from Julian's driver only the mumbling of the same voices in the short distance.
She peeked drowsily through her fingers and saw a large wall panel in front of her which was showing the morning CNN news bulletin.
The realization that she was sitting on a bed and not in the Mercedes was more disturbing to her then the news alert, Luna darted off the bed like a wild cat that had been startled from behind. Looking quickly around her trying to get her bearings, a small lamp on a nightstand beside her, flicking the switch the room was now suddenly in a warm glow which felt safer than being in the darkness of the unfamiliar room.
With a sigh of relief, Luna moved her hand from the switch as her eyes fell upon a white piece of paper with the L-Crei logo on the front. The note read...

Dear Luna,
In case you are wondering where you are you are at the L-Crei compound. The driver Mr Howard helped carry you to bed, you were exhausted we did not want to wake you. If your hungry please follow the path until you see a wooden house, breakfast will be waiting.
W.

The sudden rumble deep within her the pit of her stomach cried out.
But first thing was first - Luna needed to take a hot shower as the smell of sweat and airports could not be covered even with the strongest of deodorants.
As she began to undress Luna looked around the room, the layout was like a small studio apartment everything in one area, compact living.
To her left was a small sitting area with a glass wall, which was blacked out for sleeping and to her right was the extra large bed and a wardrobe area. Across from the front door was the bathroom.
'Basic room, no Home-Hub' ... Luna curiously thought to herself.
Home- Hubs were installed in every home around the globe, it was affordable A.I running systems made by a company called WorldWaves3, they made your home and your everyday living run like clockwork.
A. I freaked Luna out, to her it Interrupted with the natural flow of life and how humans connected with everything around them physically and mentally.

After the longest hottest shower she had ever had, Luna decided after her flesh had turned red that was a cue to stop the water.
As the soapy water drained away, she just could not help but watch it as she wrapped her long wavy hair tightly in a towel.
It was a strange feeling... to feel clean, it has been a long time since Luna had a hot shower and got to wash.
If she was lucky she'd have a few splashes of cold water every few days with mouldy, soggy soap.
Water amounts in London city were nearly depleted after the wave, even though England was nearly entirely under the ocean, people couldn't even use the water from the oceans as a nuclear plant on the west coastline of England was destroyed with the wave.
It destroyed the waters for miles. London was lucky to survive the wave really, it's only saving grace had been a few years prior to the mayor of London ordered a barrier to be built along the river Thames and around the city.
It was designed in such a way that the public thought nothing other then a fancy architect had won a stupid competition.
Luna was only around eleven when the shit of the world hit the fan big time, that was around the same time she found herself on the streets, the orphanage had packed up and left.
Within one night they had left without a word without even a trace, leaving the kids scared and once again alone to survive without anybody. Many children just wandered off into the snowy surroundings to never be seen again.
But the ones who stayed behind, which included Luna, their fates were not for the better, hungry, alone and vulnerable open to the city's meltdown, after some people took the opportunity to use the catastrophe to their immoral advantage.
The last blurry memory Luna had of the orphanage was sprinting for her life as the place she lived for four years burned behind her, the fire was not by accident it was deliberate.
The scars on her feet reminded her daily that on that cold night in December she ran barefoot through broken glass escaping the burning flames, as a group of psychopaths circled the orphanage, lying in wait within the glow of the flames. The ones who got away were hunted through the snow-filled dense forest which surrounded the children's home located on the outer edges of London.
Their rottenness souls feed on the fear of the children like boggy men. It was a game to the psychopaths, howling like wild animals, frothing from their mouths as they rounded up the children.
Everything from the rest of that night was blank. As if like a nightmare she'd dream she woken up from, left with only the faint blurry memory she did not want to piece together anymore. To unlock that lost memory was a true fear for Luna.