Chapter one

~ Concrete sea ~

Year - 2040
Denver International Airport headquarters of L-Crei.

L-Crei -
cure real environmental issues ...

" A-bit late for that now, aren't we?" Luna mumbled to herself staring at the overly shining wall logo.
She stepped back from the sign, it had been a long day and a very long flight from London, sitting back down on the white leather chair she began to scrape the last of her emerald nail polish off.
Earlier that day after disembarking British- Airways flight BA0219, Luna was greeted by a middle-aged Eastern European man after a brief exchange of hello's he then escorted her through the busy airport, following behind she struggled to keep up as he swiftly moved through the crowds and entered a long corridor off the main terminal.
As they made their way Luna noticed some large vibrant colourful paintings on the wall on both sides of the narrow corridor, but as her eyes scanned the wall it was clear these murals that seemed harmless at first were very out of place for an airport; end of the world apocalyptic biowarfare crazy kind of shit.
Death, war, destruction of city's, images of weapons. Luna eyes swiftly took it all in as they walked by them, engraved on a slate stone on one of the murals she noticed Mayan Dec 21, 2012.
She couldn't help but repeat the numbers as if it meant something to her or was it just a Déjà vu "212012" .... suddenly the assistant stopped abruptly, he swiped his wrist implant like a Harry Potter wand over a wall panel then the screen came alive with a few beeps the hum of something large opened; it was elevator, hidden within the murals.

Finally, they arrived at Luna's relief, as the door binged open she pushed passed the escort her legs wobbling like jelly beneath her, her heart pounding as if it was about to burst out of her chest, her shaking palms were clammy as she bends over trying to catch her breath.
" Jesus Christ, how far down does an office need to be in this place!" Luna said with panic. Cramped spaces made her panic.
An attractive young woman sat behind a small reception desk, her jet black hair styled in a high neat bun. Her freshly polished nails echoed as they tapped on an invisible keypad on a glass top of her desk.
She threw a faint glance in Luna direction but continued on with her typing.
" ... android" Luna thought to herself as the women's glossy complexion glistened under the artificial lighting, older models had a glossy look to them the newest models have skin so real it reacts to the environment around them.
Luna continued to scan the area before her, it was apparent that L- Crei favoured the less is more approach to their decor, everything around Luna was glass, no privacy as the offices five in total could be seen from the reception area.
Behind reception desk there was a meeting room and on the outer walls around the whole company office space was a hologram displaying a lie idyllic scenes of rolling hills so beautiful and alive it was like a nasty trick to play as life on earth was never the same after 2025 the year the earth experienced the worst natural disaster, when the last remaining iceberg of the North Pole came crashing down upon the ocean. Within hours the seas wiped out all city's, towns and along the coastlines no country was safe, it was like a ripple that kept going.
The world atlases were worthless now. The only places that survived were 25 miles, even 50 miles inland as the waters wiped out everything within that radius in a heartbeat, no one had a chance.
Within weeks earth unleashed more, the West half of the planet became hotter then flames of fire at the highest temperatures would reach levels were roads melted, now dirt roads are the only way to travel.
The east becomes a freezer colder than ice, with the big chill the blizzards were known as the grim-reaper as it would freeze you to death within minutes, too many people died trying to get to safety.
People would be trapped within their homes for days even weeks at the peak of a storm.
It was like a stone dropping into a bowl of water, a Constant ripple effect.
Even more, died in the first year due to taking their own life's, many families with kids and babies, the fear of what was going to happen was too much for them to bear.
The years that followed deaths were due to starvation, food became harder to grow as the seasons disappeared, companies built indoor growing centres around the world to grow crops in artificial seasons, which worked for a while but the centres became main targets for looters.
But everyone knew it was only people trying to keep their families alive. The crime was on an increase no one felt safe anymore from others, or from nature. Within such a short timeframe mankind and mother earth expire date was coming fast.
Luna was shown to the waiting area by the airport escort and he left with a grant which Luna thought resembled a goodbye.
He definitely was not an android, he was a human for dame sure as he was way too grumpy and too much of a perv to be android.
Luna felt awkward sitting there, out of place among the rich surrounding. Scraping the last layer of her emerald green nail polish, lost in her anxious thoughts.
" Miss May?" A smooth French voice called out to her, Luna suddenly spun around on her sit with a startled look. A few foot away was an very attractive man in his late thirties "What is it with all these bloody good looking people who work here" Luna thought to herself with sickened disbelief, as he walked towards her, his rich cologne hit Luna's nostrils, his sleeked dark brown hair had an edgy style, his black v-neck jumper was youthful and trousers fitted perfect on his Athletic frame, nonetheless it was designer.