Chapter 5

URGENT: this story isn't getting as many reads, please share it with your friends or followers!

and please comment things that I could do better, because I know I can!

XOXO

gossip girl, haha jk it's just me, Jessi.

++++++

I gasped and dropped the phone.

There was no way that was my dad. I haven't heard from him in 7 years, but I manage to contact him at Hunter's house? How do they know each other?

I heard Hunter thump down the stairs.

"Are you alright?" His brows furrowed with concern.

My face paled and my hands were shaking.

Shakily, I picked up the phone.

"Dad? Is that really you?" I whispered.

Hunter stared at me, bewildered.

"Honey, it's me. Joy, I haven't heard from you in years! Have you been reading the letters I send you?"

"No..."

"In the letters I gave you my contact info and I tell you how much I love you. I also explain why I left in a lot more detail. Honey, please read them!" I could hear my dad begging over the phone.

"I will," I promised, tears leaking out.

"I miss you so much daddy!" I cried, sniffing.

Hunter wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my hair.

"I miss you too honey, but may I ask why you picked up Hunter's phone?"

"May I ask how you know Hunter?" I retorted.

My dad's deep rich laugh resonated through the phone.

"He hasn't told you? I'm his boss!"

Hunter's grip on me tightened, and he snatched the phone from me and ended the call.

"NO!" I screamed and reached for the phone, "That was my dad!"

Hunter's hand clenched around the phone and threw it against the wall, effectively cracking and breaking the phone.

"HUNTER!" The tears started flowing. "I haven't talked to him in 7 years, I was so happy. Why?"

I continued crying and tried to piece the phone back together, knowing that it was pointless.

Hunter had broken my only connection with my dad.

Through teary eyes, I turned to look at Hunter. His back was facing me, his shoulders heaving up and down heavily. I knew he was trying to calm himself down for my sake.

He turned around, his eyes ablaze with an unknown emotion.

"You are Tom's daughter?" Hunter asked me.

I nodded slowly, confused as how Hunter knew my father's first name, and why my dad was calling Hunter.

"How do you know my father?"

Hunter closed his eyes and took deep breaths.

"Come here," he beckoned me over to his sofa.

I carefully made my way over and sat on the opposite side of Hunter.

"God damn it Joy!" Hunter growled and yanked me over to his side. I let out a yelp as my face collided into his firm chest. His hands circled around my waist as I curled up as close as I could to him.