Chapter 8

I'm eating a delicious brownie right now.

OMNOMONOMONOMNOM

I am the cookie monster.

~

HUNTER'S POV:::::

"Don't touch me," I growled menacingly at the man who was binding my feet and hands together.

He gave me a mocked look of hurt, "I wouldn't be bad mouthing if I were you, because let's face it, you're powerless now. The great Hunter is now at our mercy." He chuckled drily, "What do you think about that?"

All I could see was red as I tried to attack him, but the ropes held me down.

"My gang is better than yours. They will find you, and kill every. last. one. of you." I emphasized, hoping to at least worry the man, but he didn't seemed deterred at all.

He looked at me amusingly, then punched me in the stomach.

I groaned and doubled over in pain.

"Listen carefully you little brat," He leaned his face close to mine, I could smell his horrific breath.

"I've been doing research for a long time to take down your gang. I found a little bit of interesting information..." He trailed off and pushed me to the cold hard ground.

"I know that the leader of your gang has a daughter, who happens to be the girl you were dancing with at prom. Hm, who would have known that Hunter would be fucking his boss's daughter?" The man tapped his chin and smirked at me.

I snarled and tried to loosen the ropes. I couldn't think straight anymore, all I saw was red everywhere, and I needed to get loose.

He walked in circles around me, obviously enjoying my pain.

"So is she a good fuck?"

I roared in anger and spat in his face.

His expression automatically became dark and furious as he picked me up by my throat and slammed me against the wall.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT!" I glared at him.

The man added for pressure against my throat, "She must be very special to you, and your boss. I wonder what you guys would do to save her?"

I choked for air, not able to answer due to the lack of breath.

"It would be a pity if I... killed her."

My eyes widened, no not my sweet Joy!

I forcefully banged my head against his. He groaned, but quickly regained his posture. I rolled over and bit his leg. He howled in pain. but managed to kick me in the ribs.

I hissed in pain, but I needed him to feel pain. I kept biting him until I felt blood in my mouth. Then he kicked me in the head, and the room started spinning. After a few punches to my jaw and mouth, I could taste my own blood. He kept attacking me, but I no longer felt pain. It was becoming a numb ache, nothing I couldn't take.

"I wish I could kill you, you bastard, but my boss strictly gave me orders not to."

As he walked out of the room, I weakly spat out my blood at his feet, then fell into a deep sleep.

*

"Hunter!" Joy shouted in relief, she came over and laid a loving kiss on my lips. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you," I told her, while staring into her unwavering bright blue eyes.

Her face split into a big smile, and she hugged me tight.