4 - Robbery

(Y/n) lazily laid on Kody's shoulder, exhausted

(Y/n) lazily laid on Kody's shoulder, exhausted. She was glad she didn't have to reveal her 'secret' to save Kody. Luckily, Lumine was there at the time to protect them till Kody's dad, Aiden came. At the moment they were now at a petrol station or convenience store, (Y/n) couldn't bother to tell the difference. Lumine was with us again, (Y/n) didn't mind him, but he could be loud at times. 'At least he isn't as loud as Aiden...' (Y/n) thought gratefully.

"Why are you here?" Kody asks Lumine, arms crossed. "Um...your dad asked me to follow you..." Lumine sheepishly said. "Then go tell dad I sent you back...shoo..." Kody says. "But.." Lumine tries to argue back but was cut off.

"DO NOT MOVE!!" The trio turns to face the direction the shout was coming from, "THIS IS A ROBBERY!!" A red hair with a puppy mask holds a gun to the cashier. Kody and Lumine peep behind a shelf. "Wow, two their cases in one day...thanks a lot." (Y/n), now in Kody's arms, wonders How is it his fault?

"Should we go get your dad?" Lumine asks. (Y/n) Hears footsteps behind them and a click. "Going somewhere?" They turn around to see a blue hair with a white bunny mask. "Move an inch and I will shoo-" He gets interrupted by Lumine who smacks the gun out of his hands. "huh?" The robber freezes, surprised. He then suddenly gets kicked in the face by Lumine and slams into a nearby shelf. Kody and (Y/n) stare. (Y/n) is very impressed, while Kody just says "How come only now you decide to remember how to fight? And not in the alleyway..."

"HEY!!" The puppy masked person comes rushing into view. "WHAT'S WRO-" She stops her sentence halfway as she sees her partner has been defeated. "Y-you!" She points the Gun upwards, towards Kody. (Y/n)'s eyes widen as she sees her master and friend get targeted from his hands. Lumine rushes in front of Kody.

BANG!

Lumine shields his eyes shut, preparing for impact and lots of pain. However, it never comes. Lumine opens his eyes in confusion. To see the Robber pointing the gun to her right. A mark on the floor is left of the attempt to shoot another person, Kody's farther Aiden. Aiden's raise his arms up and with a closed eye smile asks, "..Why are you shooting at me..." The red hair puppy masked robber raises her mask, "..Sherry?" The red hair robber, now known as 'Sherry', gives Aiden a frustrated look. "Why am I shooting you? Oh, I don't know...Maybe cause you made me act like some d*mn thief..!" She then steps towards Aiden, angry. "And point a gun at the kids?! What is wrong with you?!" She exclaims.

Lumine tilts his head, confused about what is happening. "I-i'm sorry Sherry...But I wanted to see what he's capable of...And you guys just happen to be here..." Aiden sheepishly says. "You and your stupid ideas," They look at Lumine, "--So he's the one?" She asks. "Yeah!" Kody nods. "He seems like a wimp, was he the best you could find?" Sherry complains. "You think so? He did beet silver with one kick though.." Aiden tries to convince.

"Ugh...my head...." The trio turns to look at the second robber which Lumine defeated, also known as Silver, who is clutching his head. Sherry walks over to him. "Get up Silver, you were kicked by a child. Come on." Sherry utters. Silver takes off his mask to reveal a bruise on his face. 'Ouch, that must have hurt...' (Y/n) thinks. "That kids kick hurt like hell!! Is his leg made out of steel or something?!" Silver complains.

"H-huh? So these two are not-" Lumine asks, confused. "They work for me, I made them act as thieves to see how you would react." Aiden states. Lumine freezes before Turing to the guy he kicked. "I'm sorry..." He apologises with his ears down, feeling guilty. "It's okay!" Silver forgives.

Lumine turns back to Aiden, "But...why did you need to know my reaction...?" Lumine asks him. "I heard you worked as a bodyguard before. I had to see if you are as bad at your job as Edward says. Turns out your very good at it!" Aiden answers him. Kody and (Y/n) figure out what is happening. "Oh, of course. I should have known." Kody simply says. "Haha you finally figured it out?" Aiden replies, leaving Lumine curious.

"Lumine, from today on...You will be Kody's bodyguard." (Y/n)'s ears perk up in excitement.

'...Kody's Bodyguard!"

--

--

Familiar:

noun

1. a demon supposedly attending and obeying a witch, often said to assume the form of an animal.

2. a close friend or associate.