03) objectify me one more time

I was stalking Tyler Lockwood in the school parking lot. Not my finest moment, but what Stefan said wouldn't stop irking me. I wasn't some girl Tyler could objectify like that.

I'm almost within yelling distance to Tyler when Carter, that Bonnie was flirting with earlier, ran into him. I stopped where I was and watched the exchange.

"Watch where you're going," Tyler grunted.

He's totally getting a piece of my mind for the objectifying and his poor manners later.

"You got a problem?"

I hit my forehead. Great start guys. Really.

"You walked right into me!"

"You going to do something?"

"You're kidding right?"

Good. Just back away Tyler.

Then Carter punched him.

Who the hell was thinking about objectification anymore? Kick his ass, Lockwood!

"You hit me again, I swear to God-" Tyler inched closer to Carter who was jeering him on.

Carter punched Tyler again and a brawl broke out in the parking lot. I was about to intervene with my magic and knock them both unconscious, but Mason appeared and separated the two. Carter wasn't backing down though. He cornered Mason against a car and then Mason Lockwood did the unexpected.

He somersaulted twice mid-air over the car backwards. Landing in a crouch, he raised his head to display his golden eyes.

"Your eyes!" Tyler exclaimed.

I backed farther towards the edge of the parking lot. I definitely wasn't revealing myself now.

Mason punched Carter quick and swift and grabbed Tyler's forearm, pulling him away from the scene. Then another unexpected thing happened in that school parking lot. Stefan revealed himself to help Carter.

I don't think Carter did this on his own. Trouble always follows the Salvatore brothers.
____________________

Mason Lockwood was far from human, that much I was certain. I wasn't about to give into my investigative instincts and follow the Lockwood uncle and nephew duo though. I may be a witch and have hundreds of years of hereditary magic to back me up, but I wasn't brash and reckless like the vampires that polluted my town.

Witches were cunning.

Instead of following the Lockwoods, I stalked the poor fair employee that was just pummeled and hypnotized by the local vegetarian vampire. My magic was almost as intuitive as my mind and it had a sneaking suspicion this wasn't the last time Carter and the supernatural would cross paths.

Carter walked aimlessly down the path behind the fairgrounds. I thought it was just the two of us when I heard sniffing and sobbing coming from a secluded area of concrete pillars that sloped downwards to where a mens and womens bathroom was.

As I rounded the corner to see Carter consoling the girl I froze. The girl crying was my best girl friend, Caroline Forbes. And she wasn't crying anymore.

She savagely threw Carter to the ground, his body slumping against the concrete. She pounced on top of the defenseless boy and ripped into his neck like an animal.

Like a vampire.

The Queen Bee of our high school. The cheerleading captain. The blonde beauty. The girl who felt like an outsider with friends her own age. The girl who confined to me about her insecurities and feeling unlovable. Someone I admired more than any other female in my life.