Part 1: Welcome To Subcon

Key

(y/n) = Your Name

(e/c) = Eye Color

(h/c) = Hair Color

(f/c) = Favorite Color

(f/st) = Favorite Sports Team

(f/n) = Favorite Novel

(o/fn) = Other Favorite Novel

(your P.O.V)

I arrived at Subcon Forest when I saw this little creature. I approached it, and it ran away. I chased after it until I was lifted off the ground. I'd been captured! I pushed and kicked, trying to free myself from the bag that held me captive. Eventually, I prevailed, and I was surrounded by souls. Then, this giant purple thing crawled out of the ground. 

It laughed loudly before screaming, "FOOOOOOOOL!!!". I swear to God, I thought my ears were gonna burst! The creature calmed down a little bit, "You blew it! You totally screwed yourself! Nobody enters my home and leaves in one piece!". My eyes were huge with fear, but I relaxed when I heard, "Tell you what though! Hang on a minute! You get to live! That's right! Aren't you lucky!?". I'd gained some courage to speak, "Yeah, I guess,". The first part of what the creature said next scared me again, "Normally I'd eat your soul and toss your body, but you're a lucky one! You won the lottery because I just happen to be missing a braindead servant! And besides, why would I harm a cute bird like you?". I crossed my arms and flushed. "That's right! I let the old towel boy go after we had a fight, and now I need a new one!" Welp, I'd expected him to say that. Thanks, Hat Kid... I thought.

The creature gasped, "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't even introduce myself! I'm The Snatcher,". Then I gasped, that's Snatcher?! "I'm (y/n)," I said, my voice shaky with fear. Suddenly, a contract and feather pen appeared in front of me. "So tell you what (y/n), I've got a piece of paper here! Don't worry about the details! I just need you to sign right here at the bottom!". I quickly read the contract before picking up the feather pen and signing it.

Snatcher laughed, "That's it! That seals the deal! We're in business! Let me just grab this real quick

Snatcher laughed, "That's it! That seals the deal! We're in business! Let me just grab this real quick...,". I got struck by lightning, then my soul was gone. I felt like a bottomless pit. "Whoops! Guess this soul belongs to me now!" Snatcher exclaimed. Anger and fear surged through me but it disappeared, "But don't worry! If you finish your chores quickly, you'll have your soul back real soon!". I smiled, I like this guy I thought. "And don't you dare forget our little contract! Here, put it in your bag so that it'll never leave your sight,". Snatcher handed me the contract and I gave it another read through before stuffing it into my bag. I looked up, he and the other souls were gone.

I continued on to look for Subcon Village. Once I found it, Snatcher appeared again, "WHHHHYYYYYYY HELLO THERE! You didn't forget about me, did you?! Don't tell me you forgot about me!". "No, I didn't forget about you, Snatcher," I said, confidently. He patted my head before speaking again, "Check it out. Those incredibly annoying Fire Spirits are sitting right there, in the middle of my village,". I nodded, "Yeah, what about them?". Snatcher answered, "Their little dance is creating these incredibly annoying barriers that stop me from getting to parts of my forest. It's almost like they're trying to put an end to me... how adorable,". I smirked sarcastically and thought, Yeah, 'adorable'. "Dispose of them! I don't care how you do it, as long as they suffer for entering my domain!" He ordered with an evil giggle. "Anyways! Back to work, trooper! This isn't a vacation, and I'm getting impatient!" He disappeared. 

{later}

Dealing with the Fire Spirits was easy. Snatcher appeared, "WELL DONE, (y/n)! Please tell me they suffered. You murdered them, right? I bet you strangled them. Good girl! Ha ha ha ha!". I closed one eye and smiled as he patted my head again. "Don't think I'm done with you yet, though! There's more of these pests around my forest, and I need you to take care of every single one,". I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "Next on your to-do list: Clean up the Subcon Well. That's right, you're a plumber now! Congratulations on your promotion!" Snatcher exclaimed. This time, I felt a strong urge to face-palm. "I also have some... other... work that I can't do myself. And hey, as long as I need you, you get to stay alive. What a deal, huh?" He asked. 

3 more contracts appeared in front of me. "But enough talk! You look like you can handle multiple things on your plate at once, (y/n)! Let's get you an additional contract!" Snatcher said. I opened my mouth to speak, but he interrupted, "Pick one, but only one! Isn't it thrilling to sign your life away?". I nodded before reading all 3 contracts, trying to choose which one to sign. When I read the third one, I knew it would be perfect. It was something about fighting a boss, the "Toilet Of Doom". So yeah, I signed it. 

"Good choice, (y/n)! You look fit enough for the task!" Snatcher complimented. I flushed again, why does he talk about me like that? I thought. His voice broke my thoughts, "You're looking for Time Pieces to start your own little collection, right? I found one while haunting some poor soul!". I looked up at him, my eyes sparkling with hope. "You can keep it, but this is the only time I'll reward you for completing parts of a contract. Because guess what? I'm not legally obligated to!" He said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes when he wasn't looking. "Oh and by the way, I had my minions build you a little house near mine. Go check it out when you get the chance," Snatcher added with a wink 😉. He disappeared, leaving the Time Piece behind for me. The first one in my collection. 

When I stepped inside the house that Snatcher's minions had built for me, It wasn't too bad actually 😊.  I sat on the edge of my bed wondering, What will tomorrow bring?

TO BE CONTINUED