Epiphany

Three months had passed since she wedded Oberyn and Alyssa still couldn't get her husband to bed her, growing rather impatient and also anxious about it. Her mother was hellbent on an heir, she'd sent a letter every month to ask her about her moonblood. And every time Alyssa had to disappoint her, telling her she was not carrying Oberyn's child. There was no possibility she could be pregnant, because her husband wouldn't lay with her. The pressure was making her crazy and angrier each time she saw Oberyn get away with it. She wasn't still a damsel by choice, at least not her choice. Oberyn was the guilty part here and, yet, she was the one being blamed.

Her mother, the maester, and even Doran discreetly asked her about a supposed pregnancy, but Oberyn didn't even care. He used to tell her he already had plenty daughters, even if they were all bastards. She could kill him when he'd say that, it just showed how much consideration he had for his wife. And usually Alyssa ended up screaming with him, what would make him mad and use it as a reason to disappear for days. No one expected Oberyn to be a good husband, but none of them could have known that Alyssa had such a short temper. It was amusing, truly, to hear the quarrels between them. The princess looked delicate, but she could swear like a sailor. Alyssa was the dragon her ancestors were accused of taming, but because no one alive could tame dragons anymore, she wouldn't hold back.

Impatient. She grazed her fingers against the wood of the bathtub, her short nails chipping it quietly while her mind was away. Before she could stop herself, her head would show her images of her husband. She was always thinking of him, always questioning what in the seven hells would take him to have sex with her. Her life wasn't supposed to be so miserable, trying all the time to have her own fucking husband to lay with her.

"Talia? You had lovers before, didn't you?" The night already fell, what meant it wasn't so hot anymore. Alyssa was in the bathtub, the cold water and aromatic oils in it made her a little more relaxed. "So, tell me."

"M'lady?" The pentoshi girl regarded her, astonished.

"Tell me what I should do to seduce him." Talia staggered, aghast, but Alyssa made a nonchalant gesture. "No shame now, Talia, I have grown weary of your sense of decency. Let's speak freely as you would to another servant."

"I-I... Sure, my princess. H-have you kissed him, m'lady?" Alyssa's cheeks got pink with the thought. "Oh, I-"

"No, keep talking. Kiss him and then what?" She closed her eyes, feeling the handmaiden's hands on her shoulders, thoroughly scrubbing her.

"Well, you could touch him." Talia slided her hands lightly over her skin.

"Where?" She wanted him to buckle under her, to break his pride. To seduce him so deeply he would simply dwell into desire. Alyssa needed only an heir. And then their marriage could fall apart in any way, she didn't mind. She could live the rest of her days in the Water Gardens and away from him, for all she cared.

"Well... The neck, I think." Talia's hands glided to her neck, massaging it delicately.

"Oh, that's good." She let out a low, guttural sound. "Oh!"

One of Talia's hands had found it's way inside her hair. It grabbed her silky tresses in a commanding manner.

"Then..." She descended her face on Alyssa's slowly. "You kiss him."

Her heart raced. Talia had a beautiful dark skin, darker than Oberyn's. The contrast against her pale body was very clear. Her thick lips got closer, but stopped, awaiting for her approval. Alyssa felt... Different. Like when Talia first taught her how to kiss. She remembered how her lips felt on hers, how delicate and caring the kiss they shared was... And, mostly, she remembered what it felt like to be desired.