Terrible Truths: Special Chapter 5

The date has been going well so far, Mark is actually trying to enjoy his time, and Taeyong seems all but too happy to make sure the younger male enjoys himself.

It isn’t long after they finish with dinner that Mark clears his throat, catching Taeyong’s attention.

“I, uh, didn’t want to bring this up earlier, because I didn’t want to put a damper on things, but you should know…”

Taeyong raises an eyebrow, reaching over for the youngers hand. “But I should know what?”

“My parents and I are moving back to Canada, I didn’t find out about until this morning, and it just… I don’t know if I can do long distance, and this is killing me.” Mark was close to tears now, voice cracking slightly as he spoke.

Taeyong just let out a sigh, leaning back in his chair. “When are they thinking about going?”

“In less than a month, I don’t really know much.”

Taeyong nods, biting his lip as he looks across the table at his boyfriend, so solemn and forlorn.

“Hey, cheer up. This isn’t the end of the world, we can still email and skype. And if it gets to be too much for you, I’m always okay with just being friends.” He’s trying to make it better, but the nicer he is, the harder it is for Mark.

“I love you, Taeyong, I just don’t know if emailing and skyping is going to work out…”

Taeyong nodded, spinning his straw around in his cup. “So, are you breaking up with me, or?”

“I don’t know… I don’t want to.” Mark drags his hands down his face, trying to find a way to explain the things going on in his head.

“How about this, we continue to date, and we’ll see how it works out once you get there. If you decide it’s too much, then we’ll break up. But only then.” Taeyong says, leaning forward to ruffle Mark’s hair a bit. “I just won you over, don’t think I’m going to lose you so easily.”

This in turn causes Mark to laugh a little, his mood lightening a bit. “I’m not a prize, Taeyong. You can’t ‘win’ me over.”

“I beg to differ.” Taeyong says, giving a small smile. “Because you are the best gift the world has ever given me.”

“Ugh, you’re getting sentimental now.” Mark says, scrunching his nose up at the older.

“Yeah, yeah. Now, should we get dessert, or go see a movie?”

“Why not both? I can pay for the movie.” Mark says, grinning widely.

“Greedy. But okay.”

[A/N]

Yet again, a short chapter, I'm sorry.
I'm trying to update as much as I can, it's a pain trying to get this on track.
Also, I have mentioned I'm working on Rubatosis at the moment as well as One Last Day and Falling All the Way Down, so updates are a little hectic at the moment, but I refuse to put anything on hiatus right now.
Well, besides Funny Thing Is I Tried My Best.
So, please be patient with updates, send in any suggests for the plotline, and enjoy.

Love, Siha.☀☀☀