2

I jog downstairs in my England top, leggings and trainers as I thought it'd be fitting for the first day. I grab an apple from the side and boil the kettle to make some tea. Setting out two mugs, I switch in the kitchen tv and start to watch the news (I know, I'm an old woman).
"Hey Haz" Harry walks in the kitchen and sits at the breakfast bar. I find a bowl and fill it with cereal and milk for him as the boy can hardly cook toast.
"Excited for today?"
"Sure, getting up close and personal with sweaty guys. Just what I want on s sunny Monday morning"
"Ouch, B calm it"
I laugh "No I don't mean it. It is my dream job and I'm only 21 and straight out of uni. Who can say they've got their dream job at 21?"
"All thanks to yours truly"
"You know what? As a thanks you can have a cup of tea" I smile
"Wow, once in a lifetime opportunity" he comments.
"We need to get you a girlfriend"

Harry drives me to the training ground. He offers to carry my bag but I kindly refuse "what do you take me for. A weak little woman?" He looks at me.
"Shut up big man H" I punch his arm.

"Ladies" the only and only Gareth Southgate greets us. He smiles at Harry standing next to me and nods his head to dismiss him.
"Miss Scotland, come in the best attire I see"
"I found it fitting sir"
"Please no Sir, just Gareth's fine"
"I'm that case. Beth is great. I'm not too fond of being constantly called a country. You wouldn't believe the nicknames"
Gareth chuckles "well no promises the squad won't be creative with names"
I nod me head "I can live with that".
We walk past reception and pass the numerous squad pictures from years before hung up along the the corridor. Stepping out onto the ground was surreal. Leading me into the tunnel, Gareth stepped forward and I could already hear the shouts and chants from the team. Gareth knocks on the door of the changing room and shouts "decent!" They all call back in approval and he opens the door.
The players stare at Gareth and I, some clothes and some already shirtless eager to train.
"Lads, this is Beth Scotland. She'll be the new physio as I'm sure Maguire as enlightened you all will her deepest darkest secrets already. Also no rush guys to re-clothe before she steps in the changing rooms. She'll be seeing you pretty much naked in a couple hours. Get used to it. You've all got briefings in 30"
We turn to leave and a number of wolf whistles follow. I can already hear Harry screaming internally.
The manager shows me to the medic room where I am invited to prepare for the introductory consultations I was promised in half an hour. The room is painted white with a large desk in the middle, a bookshelf behind, a chair the other side of the desk and a bed and curtain in the corner. I put my bag down by the desk and sit in my chair.
"Catch up with you in a few hours" Gareth waves and steps out of the room closing the door. I log into the computer and play some music. Researching the files of the players and looking a lot the records of previous health care and injuries.
I hear a knock on the door and I call "come on in". Harry steps in and smiles.
"Maguire, you're obsessed. I'm honestly fine. In fact I can boss you about and suspend you from playing for weeks so I'd be nice big man" I laugh.
"Okay okay Scot. Just thought I'd be the first consultation of the day for you" I roll my eyes.
"Well I know all your history off the top of my head and I've seen you prancing about in your boxers daily so I don't see any need for introductions".
"Well my slot is fifteen minutes so fancy a chat?"
"Sure"
We actually spend around twenty minutes laughing and joking until there is another knock at the door. Harry stands up from his chair.
"I guess I'm kicked out then"
"Unless you want to watch some injections" I smile knowing of his fear of needles. He nods and pushes past the figure in the door way.
"Beth" I hold my hand out
"Harry Kane" He shakes it and makes his way to the seat Maguire has recently been sitting in. I slide the sign to vacant on the door and sit back down.
"You're a graduate then" He breaks the silence
"Yeah. Fresh out of uni" I type his name into the file search and his name popped up.
"Cool. Look if any of them give you slack just know I'm here. You have my back and I have yours. I heard them in the changing room" I nod in gratitude.
"So you had series of leg cramps and a back injury last season?" He shameful nods.
"If you could Harry. Could you just step behind the curtain and strip down to your underwear and lie on the bed" I gesture over to the corner.
"That's one way of asking. I do have a girlfriend" he laughs. I pick up my clipboard and tool my eyes. Scribbling his name at the top and circling diagrams relevant to discussions.
He clears his throat signalling that he'd followed my orders and was on the bed. We discuss his injuries and some techniques for recovery. I give him an injection to help with the cramps and send him away in time for the next slot.
"Nah man. The new physio is hot. I don't mind stripping in front of her any day. I don't care about Maguire he'll get used to seeing me around his house. In fact lads, I'm going to see the woman of the hour now. Don't expect just friendly chat" a Mancunian accent echos through the tunnel.
"Lingard" the male burst through the door and sits on the chair. I raise my eyebrows and slide the sign on the door to vacant once again.
"Not even a hi?" Jesse holds up his hands. I extend a hand to meet his but he stands up and engulfs me into his arms. Pulling away, I sit on the chair opposite.
"Isn't this the part where I strip" I shake my head and smile.
"No. Not for at least five minutes if that is alright with you" He looks taken aback.
"Well to be honest it'd be enjoyable for both of us I can't lie". How cocky can this man get. Maguire had said he was one of the nicest in the team.
"So you had a leg injury last season" I keep it professional.
"Yep. Didn't hurt too much" I nod my head in acknowledgment.
"That curtain over there..."
"Yeah I'll strip I don't need the curtain thanks"
He practically runs to the bed.
"No need to take your top off I'm only looking at your injury" I call. I've resorted to turning around as I'm almost certain he isn't using the curtain. After picking up my clip board, I turn around to face his smug face lying down on the examination bed.
"So it didn't hurt too much Jesse?" I smile.
"Not at all" I firmly press the area in which his injury had occurred and he flinches.
"Still doesn't hurt Jesse?" He says nothing and hops off the bed. He dresses and begins to walk out.
"Thanks Lingard, see you later"
"Your welcome Beth. I'm sure it won't be too long" he smirks and walks out.
Honestly, does he really think he's God's gift to women?
——————————
Thanks for reading part 2. I promise it will get juicer just wait ☺️. The pic attached is Beth; she is played by Madison Beer and the rest of the guys are themselves. When there is a new character I'll attach a photo again ✌🏻