Chapter 4

2149 likes@bethscotland: night out on the town'in @userc: why are you so prettyyyyy 😍@bethscotland: I'm no Selena Gomez

2149 likes
@bethscotland: night out on the town'in
@userc: why are you so prettyyyyy 😍
@bethscotland: I'm no Selena Gomez.... 😘
@harrymaguire: before you got rattarsed
@harrykane: oooo secrets are coming out now
@bethscotland: shhh you @harrymaguire
————————————
I hop out of my car after pulling up into the training ground car park. I feel a pulsing pressure in my head due to the sizeable hangover I have this morning however I'm sure if I didn't come into work I'd get a telling off from Gareth.
The blinding sunlight burns my eyes and I scramble around for my sunglasses. England are currently experiencing a heatwave and I can't say I'm too happy about it every second of the day.
"Morning Beth" Alex, the young girl on reception, greets me. I smile and wave to her and put my head down walking into the medic room.
————JESSE'S POV————-
"Yuright Yuokay Ladssss" I walk into the changing rooms and find my place next to Rashford.
"Someone's got a spring in their step this morning" Rashford nudges me.
"Mate, I'm full of power today" he rolls his eyes at me. I quickly change into my kit and sit down on the bench to put my boots on.
"Medic looked fit on her post last night mate"
"Her boobs looked amazing mate she should wear that dress to work. I'll speak to Southgate to make it her uniform" I felt anger boiling inside me hearing someone speak like that about Beth. She's not my girlfriend and all but trust me I wish she was. Who did he really think he was? My eyes meet Dier's, the one who'd been talking about her. I break eye contact and continue seeing to my boots, if I was in a disagreement it could cost me my spot on the team.
"Leave it Jess" Marcus could obviously see how much he was bothering me. I nod in recognition and lead the way out of the changing room, walking past the medic room and onto the pitch.
Coach decides to play a small game with half the team on one side and the other half on another. I'm running towards Pickford in goal and call for Kane to pass it. He gently passes it to me and allows me to get positioned before booting it into the goal. Eric walks past me muttering something.
"Maybe we should get hurt so Miss Fitty can save us" he smirks. Like before, anger starts to boil in my stomach and I swing a punch at Dier. He honestly disgusts me. I swing another before he pushes me to the ground, I start to kick him and throw aimless punches. He aims for my ribs and I hear Gareth "MEDIC!".
Great, that's the last thing I need. I get off of Eric and see my shirt had blood on it and my ribs are in pain. I look to Eric who has a split lip and is lying on the floor like he is the victim. I see Gareth running over to us accompanied by Beth with a duffel bag.
"Lads what the hell do you think you are doing.
Beth will treat you both and then my office for a chat" he shakes his head and walks away.
———-BETHS POV————
"MEDIC" I hear Gareth's voice echo down the tunnel. I grab the duffel bag and run out to the catastrophe that awaits me. I see two players on the ground as I near closer, eventually recognising Jesse and Eric. I check Eric's injuries quickly over to which I find a split lip and I also check Jesse's. He has a larger list of injuries compared to Eric with a nose bleed, ribs and a grazed knee. I walk Eric over to the dugout for him to sit down.
I give him a wet tissue to hold against his lip.
"Thanks Babe" Eric remarks as I turn to get Jesse
"Don't fucking call me Babe"
I jog over to where Jesse is slumped on the grass and help him up. I put an arm around his waist to support him and my other hand holds the duffel bag.
"I'm sorry" I don't reply and concentrate on getting him to the physio room.
Once we reach the room I help him onto the bed and rest the duffel bag down next to my desk.
"What happened Jess?" I asked
"Fucking Eric" he clenches his fists
"He was talking about you. He can't say that"
"Look Jesse. Are you my boyfriend?" He shakes his head
"Well leave me to fight my own battles then" I shake my head in disbelief. I turn away from him to get a cotton pad and some water to clean up his nose. The silence is painful.
"I'm just going to take a look at your ribs" I look at him and he nods. I lift the bottom of his training top up to just above his ribs. I place my hand on a few places around the area.
"Does this hurt?" My eyes retire back to his face which is scrunched in pain.
"I'll take that as a yes" I sigh "you've got bruised ribs. Take a cold compress and rest"
I turn back around to get a bandage from the shelves for his knee. I reach over the bed to get some tape to secure the bandage and the sleeve of my shirt rises up my arm.
"What's that E stand for?" Jesse breaks the silence.
"Nothing" I start to wrap up his knee.
"Come on. What's it really going to mean? A tribute to your dog?" He laughs at himself
"You know what you can't just keep your mouth shut can you"
"God Beth. I asked a simple question"
"And I'll give you a simple answer. My best friend killed herself and I'm to fucking blame. Bandage up your own knee" I walk out and slam the door. I can't believe I just told him.
————————————-
Sorry for the long time it took me to update I've actually got a plot now for the book. Hope you enjoyed anyway :)