9

@bethscotland  Snow is fallin' @harrymaguire   All around me

@bethscotland Snow is fallin'
@harrymaguire All around me.....
@bethscotland hush green giant
@user1 make it rain ☔️
@jesselingard come see you soon
———————————-
Knowing I cleared everything up with the boys was the best feeling when moving into my new place. I was worried they wouldn't understand but they've been so supportive. I explained that it'd been a rough decision but it was something new. And I needed something new.
They threw me a massive goodbye party and there Jesse and I set things straight. He was only trying to be nice and I'd completely taken it the wrong way. We had all exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch.
Setting the last box down in my new house was an accomplishment. I'd moved literally by myself to a new country, what an achievement. I would honestly be lying if I said I didn't miss Harry running around the place like a mad man.

I walk over to the large bay window of my room and look out to my view for the foreseeable future. It was dark and no life could be seen.
Being fairly tired, I walk over to my bed and watch some Netflix before falling asleep.
—————————-
Stumbling past the boxes and running down the stairs I rush to get an apple and pick up my car keys. I'm late. For my first day.
Luckily there isn't much traffic on the road and the car park at the arena was pretty much empty.
Forgetting to lock my car I jog into the arena and wait in reception to be picked up, glancing at the time. I'm early. For once something is going my way.
The manager seems to be taking a while and by the painted smile on the receptionist's face I can tell this is an often occurrence. I stand up, eyeing a coffee machine across the waiting room. Humming to myself to break the silence I select black the 'black coffee' option on the machine. I close my eyes while I wait for the beep and try to slow down my heart rate; in case you couldn't tell, I'm nervous.
My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I retrieve it quickly.
'Good luck B. Rootin' for ya x' Harry's name lights up the screen above the other players is bonded with over the last two weeks. But at the end of the list was Eve.
'Hey, heard you were in Canada. Hope you learn to wrap up. Mine and Tom's place is always here if you fancy a chat - E'. Eve was my older sister by one year (one and a half really but who's counting) she moved out to Vancouver with her boyfriend Tom when she turned eighteen. After what happened.
Taking my coffee and beginning to text back I pivot in the spot and aim for the couch I was previously stressing on. Before I know it a body collides with mine.
"Oh fuck" I'd spilt the coffee all over the person in front of me and not to mention my phone.
"Miss Scotland" a thick Canadian accent towers above me. I take a step back and realise it's Ryan Benning. My new boss. I just spilt boiling coffee. On my new boss. He wasn't as old as I thought he'd be. In fact I'd never even seen a picture of him and the only reason I know it is him is the 'R.Benning' stitched on his coat. "I....l'm so sorry sir I...."
"No, please don't call me sir. It makes me feel old. No hard feelings I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose although I could think of a few people who'd like to. Call me Ryan" I nod. He walks me to the Medic/Physio room where it'll be based.
The smell of deep heat choked me to the point I could barely breathe. The walls were grey and the Vancouver Canucks logo was plastered on the centre of the wall behind the desk. It was similar to the box of a room I had in England however this time the bed was to the side of the desk in the centre of the wall with shelves either side full of medical equipment. Like the other room, a chair was faced opposite mine placed in the same rug that was under my desk.
"I'll leave to you settle in and stuff. Game starts in three hours but I expect you out before to do a meet and greet with the team" Ryan walks out leaving me to my own devices.
I spin around on my chair. So this is it. The grand job. I log onto the computer on my desk and search up a team sheet. I may as well familiarise myself with the names of the team before I meet them 'Young, Carter, Crowder, Lake, Apa, Nikiforuk' the list went on. How can I genuinely remember all these names. There are 99 players all together and I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night.
——————————————-
"Hey, you up for coming out on the ice?" Ryan opens the door and smiles. I return the smile and nod. Switching out my trainers for the skates that were left out for me, I waddle to the ice. I'd always loved ice skating ever since I was young when I used to skate with Eve and Elle.
"Alright Lads, as you all know we've called in a new physio and here she is" Ryan points to me as I skate up to him in front of the line of players. It wasn't planned to be a grand entrance btw.
"Hey I'm Beth Scotland. I don't know what to say rally other than I'm always here if you need anything" I'm not lying it was the most nerve wracking thing.
"Anything" one player laughs and elbows the man standing next to him. 'Kensington' was written on the back of his jersey in white block letters.
After coach rambling in for a few minutes and my legs start to ache, everyone goes into their individual huddles leaving me with five groups to get around.
I skate over to the closest huddle of men about twice the size of me.
"Welcome to the team Beth"the one closest to me extends his hand "Danny Carter" I take his hand and shake it.
"Jensen Young" "James Lake" "Alex Nikiforuk" "Sam Apa" they all introduce them selves. "Well this is easier than I thought" I carry on to the other huddles to meet the rest of the team.
————————————-
Heyyyyyy so felt that was a bit of a shitty chapter but hope you enjoyed 🙂 KJ WILL BE COMING INTO THIS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER