He's On My Mind All the Time

Written By Me

Dear Diary,

I cannot stop thinking about that boy Jackson.

He's on my mind all the time. He's on my mind when my eyelids flutter open in the morning, he's on my mind when I'm eating cereal for breakfast, he's on my mind when toothpaste swishes around in my mouth....he's on my mind all day. Every day. Thinking about him is like taking a drug when you're a drug addict. Thinking about him is addicting, and I know I should stop but I can't.

I should stop thinking about him because he'll never like me too. I knew he'll never like me too. Boys have never liked me. Boys think I'm just some weird girl who doesn't talk. Boys ask all the other girls to homecoming, and they never ask me. Boys drool over all of the pretty girls, but they never drool over me. I'm not a pretty girl.

Boys do not like me. Period.

So, that's why I need to stop making a fool of myself. I need to stop having romantic feelings for Jackson. Nothing romantic will ever happen between us. That's just a fact. We are just friends.

We are only friends.

That is all we will ever be.

-------

I sat in the chair next to Piper. I turned towards her, and my eyes couldn't look off of her amazing auburn hair. My eyes were memorized by how sunlight could shine through the window and cast a warm red glow onto her hair. I've never seen hair that bright red. It was beautiful to me. She was beautiful to me. She looked like a princess.

Her face turned around towards mine, and her stunning blue eyes pierced into my brown eyes. If I wasn't thinking, I would have kissed her. I was thinking, though, and I did not kiss her. I only just met her, after all.

"Why are you starring at me?" Piper signed, her eyes narrowing and her mouth turning into a frown.

"I wasn't starring at you! I mean...I-I didn't mean to stare at you. I was just...thinking about what I was gonna write next," I said, stuttering. Why was I stuttering? I never stutter! What's wrong with me?

Her eyes seemed to be in a daze. I wondered what she was looking at. Was there something interesting behind me? Did I have something on my face? Was the teacher talking and I didn't hear her?

It was then that I realized this:

She was starring directly into my eyes.

I felt my cheeks blush.

"You are so beautiful," I blurted out.

She seemed to transfer out of her gaze. "What?" she signed.

Phew! Thank goodness she didn't hear me!

"I just said you should probably get back to work now," I said.

She turned around, facing her computer, and started working again.

Deciding to stop starring at Piper like a madman, I turned around to continue working too.