Stressed Out

Warnings: One swear word

Word Count: 1107

You furiously typed out an email to your manager, trying desperately to explain to her what had happened with the shipment. She had blamed you for it not coming in on time, despite the fact that you had ordered everything on time and had the confirmation email to prove it. That didn't stop her from dangling your job over your head though.

Josh walked into the kitchen as you were typing and opened the fridge, looking through it briefly. He must have noticed your stressed disposition, because he walked over and took a seat at the table next to you.

"What are you working on?" he asked as he unscrewed the cap of his drink.

"I'm trying to get my point across without exploding on my manager," you grumbled as you ran a hand through your hair. "It's proving to be quite difficult, she's being totally unreasonable."

"Oh, is this about the coffee bean thing?"

"Yes," you huffed. "Despite everything I showed her, she still thinks it's my fault and not the delivery company's."

"Why don't you take a break from emailing her? This seems to really be stressing you out."

"I appreciate the sentiment, Josh, but I really need to finish this email right now."

"You'll have time later tonight. You just got home from work, you should take some time to relax."

You looked over at him, "I don't know, I really want to just get this out of the way."

"Alright, then I'll help you, then we can relax."

You nodded and Josh pulled his chair over next to you. Together, you managed to get your email to sound pleasant, while still stressing the point that you were trying to make. Once it was done, Josh closed the laptop and pushed it away from you.

"Why don't you go get changed out of your work clothes and I'll order us dinner?"

"Chinese?" you asked, pulling your best cheesy smile.

"Whatever helps your stress," he smiled, kissing your temple.

You walked upstairs and changed out of your black top and jeans into shorts and one of Josh's t-shirts. Just changing into your pajamas made you feel less stressed about the ordeal, and the fact that you now had the entire night to spend with Josh, stress free, made it even better.

Josh was on the phone by the time that you returned downstairs. You walked over and took a spot on the couch, wrapping yourself up in your favorite blanket. Once Josh was done on the phone, he walked over and took a spot next to you. In hardly any time, you were curled up next to him with his arm around you. He quickly flipped through Netflix until he found The Office and turned on the episode that you were on. He began to play with your hair, running his hands through it or just stroking your head. You grabbed his free hand and lightly played with his fingers as you watched TV.

Eventually, the doorbell rang, signaling that the food was here. Josh got up and paid for the food before bringing it inside and setting the large bag on the counter. Together, you began to lay out all the food on the counter. It seemed to just keep going and going.

"Holy shit, Josh, how much food did you get?"

"All your favorites...and all of mine," he smiled gleefully.

"Well, I can't be mad at you about it," you smiled as you grabbed plates and forks for the both of you.

You both piled your plates high with your favorite foods and returned to the couch. You sat with your legs across his lap, which doubled as a nice tray for him to set his food on. You, on the other hand, had to precariously balance your plate on your uneven lap.

You practically inhaled your food and ended up going back for seconds. Josh still managed to eat faster than you though, and was going back for his third plate by the time you had finished your first. The one benefit to this was that he was kind enough to get your food for you.

Eventually, you were both so full that you had to stop eating. You paused the TV and went through the ordeal of fitting all of the leftover food into the fridge. It was a process, but you eventually managed to fit the last box in a small crevice. With a high five, the both of you returned to the couch and you once again curled up next to him. You continued to watch TV and relax until you were practically falling asleep in Josh's lap, which he of course had no problem with.

"Do you want me to carry you up to bed?" he asked softly.

You nodded against his leg. He slowly slid out from under you before scooping you into his arms and carrying you up the stairs bridal style. Your body immediately relaxed as soon as he set you down on the bed, and you could hardly bring yourself to slide under the covers.

"I'm going to get ready for bed, and then I'll be back," he said, giving your temple a kiss.

You nodded without even opening your eyes. It was hard not to fall asleep, but you focused on the sounds of him brushing his teeth and changing into his pajamas. Eventually, the bed sunk slightly with his weight, causing you to roll towards him slightly.

You opened your eyes, only to see his face almost directly in front of yours. It caused you to jump slightly, making him laugh.

"Didn't expect that," you smiled.

"Sorry," he smiled in return. "So are you less stressed now?"

You nodded, "Thank you for tonight, it was very much needed. I love you."

"I love you too."

You leaned forward and kissed him. He wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you towards him so that you were laying on his chest.

"You're warm," you smiled.

"Are you cold?"

You nodded against his chest. He pulled the covers up over your head so that it was around his neck.

"Me too."

"Hey," you laughed, pulling the covers down so that you could breathe again.

"What? I was cold!" he said, pulling his best innocent voice.

"Well you should have thought of that before making me lay on your chest because I'm comfy now and I'm not moving."

"It's ok, you're pretty warm."

"Good, now I'm going to sleep because I'm tired."

"Goodnight, love," he laughed.

"Goodnight."

It didn't take long for you to fall asleep to the sounds of Josh's steady breathing.