Chapter 19: Decontamination

I awoke the next morning bright and early... Well at least I thought it was early. Living underground wasn't an easy task, as you weren't exactly sure whether it was day or night. All I had to go by was Dale's watch which I was happy he decided to take with him for the apocalypse. A watch certainly wouldn't be my first choice in what to take when fleeing my home from zombies, but Dale was a wise and smart man, he knew his shit.

I realised that I hadn't spent a single night in my own dorm since we got here, and had been sleeping over in Shane's for the past two nights. I woke up in a strange position next to Shane in his bed, one leg of mine wrapped around his waist whilst the other was thrust out from underneath the blanket as a cooling device for myself I guess; so that my legs weren't uncontrollably sweating underneath the thick blanket. One of my arms was also wrapped around his naked back as Shane lay on his stomach, the other arm simply limp by my side. My green pyjama shorts clung to my thighs and my grey singlet was twisted around my body, the underwires of my black bra digging into me.

Shane was still asleep when I woke up, and I decided that this was indeed a good thing as it gave me time to plan a slight surprise for him. I crawled slowly out from underneath the covers so as not to wake him, sliding my legs off the bed and tip toeing silently to the end of it so that I stood at his feet which hung off the edge of the bed. I sorted out my singlet before hand and fixed it so that it sat and fit well around my body, straightening out my shorts whilst I was fidgeting with my clothing.

I looked one final time at Shane's sleeping figure lying on the bed before reaching my arms out and grabbing a hold of Shane's legs, yanking him backwards and giggling the whole way through as I slowly pulled him off the bed.
"Babe, babe, what are you doing?" He chuckled in his raspy morning voice.
I continued to drag him by the legs down the bed in a rage of giggles, but he beat me at my own game. He flipped himself over onto his back, causing me to let go of his legs. He broke free of my hold before hopping up off the bed and onto his feet, grabbing my sides playfully and then turning me around as I fought his tickles. I laughed uncontrollably as he continued to tickle me at my ribs, then pulling me backwards onto him as we fell onto the bed together, me landing on top of him.
"Good morning to you too." He smiled, giving me a soft kiss on the lips before our mouths grinded together, tongues intertwining as one hand supported the small on my back and the other caressed my arm.
"Morning." I smiled, brushing my nose against his.
Shane brushed the hair out of my eyes with his strong hands before cupping my face, continuing to kiss me in a loving way.
"How are you feeling?" He asked as soon as we broke away from each other yet again.
"For the first time in a long time.... Good." I grinned as I rubbed him on the back in a circular motion.
"Me too." He smiled, kissing me yet again before giving my arse a playful and gentle smack, "we should get up."
"Hmmm, but I'm so laaaaa-zyyyyy!" I drawled, rubbing my eyes as I rolled onto my back on the bed.
He laughed softly at my comment, then giving one of my arse cheeks a light squeeze, "come on baby girl, we got stuff to do."

We got up and got dressed, Shane changing in the bathroom whilst I changed in the bedroom. It was strange having to change in separate rooms like this, and I didn't understand. I thought that the reason this was happening was because, well, it had always been like this. I had always asked Shane to look away whilst I change, on some occasions even exit the tent, but things were different now and I could feel it. We shouldn't have to do this anymore. I decided that enough was enough, and changed into fresh underwear only. It was a pair of matching Victoria's Secret panties and bra that Lola gave me for my birthday last year. I knocked on the door of the bathroom where Shane was currently changing, making an excuse that I needed to get my eyeliner from inside, but in reality, I just wanted to show him that it was okay if we saw one another in our underwear or something, making it totally fine to change in the same room.
"You changed?" He called from inside the bathroom.
"Yeah." I lied.
"I'm not." Replied Shane.
"Doesn't matter." I called back.
I opened the unlocked door with a twist of the knob to see Shane standing in there in his Jockey branded underwear, still in the same clothing as when we had woken up together this morning.
"What you standing there for, huh?" I chuckled, walking over to him and placing both my hands on his bare and toned shoulders.
"Do you want me to look away?" He sighed, looking straight into my eyes and desperately trying to stray them away from my body, my breasts in particular.
I bit my lip and shook my head, "this is stupid. Why do we change in separate rooms?"
He shrugged his shoulders and leaned his face in closer to mine, "I honestly don't know."
"Well, let's quit it now, hey? Get the fuck out of here." I chuckled, pulling him out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, "now you can change. And you can look, you know?"
He laughed at me, giving me a peck on the lips before grabbing his old cop uniform pants and short sleeved shirt to change into. I on the other hand just grabbed a pair of dark blue jeggings for comfort purposes and a white floral top I had bought from Top Shop in London five years ago. I did my signature eyeliner cat eye look and left it at that, Shane and I leaving the dorm hand in hand.