Chapter 2

Brian

Lunch came around I couldn't wait to see Amaya. This has been a long day with Brooke tailing me and the guys teasing me because they assumed I have feelings for Amaya and choose Brooke instead. They aren't wrong but I'll never tell them before I tell Maya myself.

"Brian, I know you didn't keep me in the dark about this!" Her voice boomed at the sight of me. A small smile crept onto my face as I heard her, she's always loud but I love it.

I opened my arms engulfing her frame into mine.

"There she is! You know I was just wondering where you were so I could tell you the news. My best friend always knows first" I smile, she huffs and pushes me aside.

"You Liar, but anyways where is Brooke I have to congratulate her not that she needs it when she's doomed anyway."

"Ouch! And what do you mean congratulate her we aren't together" I assured her; I didn't want her thinking that I dated someone because it's only her that I would ever want truly. I have a fair share of flings here and there, but I never took anyone seriously. Call me cheesy but I wanted Amaya to hold the title as my first and last girlfriend who would eventually upgrade that title to life partner.

I'd act the way I do because I had my needs to but still, I needed her to know that no girl is ever going to take her spot in my life. Ever.

"Why does the whole school think that you two are a thing now. Literally that's all I've heard since second period and I'm annoyed because you didn't even think to tell me first, I mean I did tell you she was going to ask and as your best friend I deserve to mmhm" I cover her mouth with my hand, I adored when she rambled it was adorable but not when she was angry because then I'd feel her raft.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you first, but we aren't dating I promise" I held up my right hand.

"Cross your heart and hope to die?" She eyed me suspiciously; I chuckled and crossed my heart and kissed it up into the air.

That was our oath, once we crossed our hearts then we knew it was the truth, not that I would lie to her.... if I didn't have a good enough reason to do it that is.

"Alright then you might want to stop the rumors, theyre getting out of hand" she walked past me to a table nearby, I sat down and turned to my side to face her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like their saying things that I already knew wouldn't have happened, but I had to be sure of." She shrugged without telling me, I flicked a strawberry from her lunch tray at her nose and her eyes widened.

"What you do that for?!"

"Because youre not telling me the rumor dumb one! Spit it out!"

"Okay don't get you panties in a twist" She mumbled and turned her attention to me. I huffed and rolled my eyes at her.

Rumor has it that you and Brooke were seen together outside of school shopping" She trailed off.

"Oh, yeah we ditched a few periods that's it" I shrugged and took a piece of orange from her tray.

"For baby clothes?" She asked, I spit the orange out and stared at her horrified. Who would make up a lie like that, I'm way too young to be a father and I don't plan on raising a child until I'm older and much more ready for a kid.

"Fuck! no! Who told you that?!" I exclaimed.

"No one and I've already tried to track down the one that's been making these rumors, but I can't seem to find who it is but when I do, he or she is going to get it!" She seethed with rage, I knew my Amaya had my back through whatever and this might be just a rumor but if that gets back to my parents, they'd probably send me off to another country like they did with my brother after he had his first kid in high school, I can't leave Amaya.