Chapter 6

Brian

Our noses touch, each breath fanned the others face.

The anticipation destroyed me, feeling like I am a virgin all over again, learning how to operate my body parts once more.

Amaya was the cause of this, she was the image of picture-perfect in my textbook.

Before I made a fool of myself, I chose to pull myself away.

"Uh...do I have bad breath?" she asked backing away.

I couldn't make eye contact with her I was too busy scolding myself for not taking the opportunity then and there.

"No... I just don't...I can't Alright" I say frustrated with only myself now.

I was inches away from ultimately taking the chance and I didnt even seize it. When she demanded me to kiss her, to get it over with, I became like Greg, a wimp, but at least he had the balls to kiss her when the chance was opened to him. I was just a sitting duck.

What kind of a dumb ass am I!

"You're such a pussy" she chuckled before standing and walking away.

"Were friends Maya, thats all! Its new for me!" I called out to her as she takes her leave.

"Like you never kissed a female friend before?"

"Thats different, they werent you" I trailed off. She had me in a corner and she knew it.

"What are you afraid of? Youre acting as if a kiss is going to change things Brian, you're still my best friend, promise I wont try and key your car" She taunted knowing Rebecca from the tenth grade did that exact thing after a game of spin the bottle in my entertainment room.

My parents made the mistake of leaving me in charge for the weekend and to have a little fun I invited friends over to play games and chill. After seven minutes in heaven with Rebecca, my tenth-grade year became seven months of hell and torment. She harassed me every chance she got. That girl was bat shit crazy.

I never played such games again.

Amaya was a different story. If she knew just how much that kiss would cost me.

I would go completely insane if I kissed her today knowing tomorrow, she'd want to be friends. I would be crueler than Rebecca ever was, she only thought she loved me, but I knew my heartbeat just Maya. I yearned for her every moment of the day and hoped to see a glimpse of her magnificent face.

"I don't want to Maya" I finalized. It pained me to say those words, they werent true, but I had to or else she would have kept pestering me until I did it or gave her a good enough reason.

"Whatever I didn't want to kiss you anyway. I'll be at your housemeet in an hour or so" she paused next to my car. I stood confused and then realized what she was doing.

"Amaya, dont" I warned, she laughed and hopped into the drivers seat, securing herself inside before backing out of the clearing. I raced after her, but she moved swiftly in the convertible.

"Hope you have enough for a taxi Brian!" She yelled out before speeding off into the distance.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

*******

After paying for my taxi, I made my way up the driveway where I saw my car parked in its usual spot. I shook my head smiling as I thought of ways to get her back for this.

One thing is for sure though, I have Amaya back the way she once was. Even though she was sad about Greg, she's over him now. I couldn't be happier about things right now.