What became me

It was hot. The sun was beating down on my chocolate tinted skin. My black hair felt a burning sensation. What five year old complained this much? I had every reason to. My feet were bare on the hot, dusty ground. I could not walk. My foot was twisted off to one side. It was probably due to the fact that I was not very active. Walking from one place to another made me turn into a fountain of sweat.

     Mind my manners, who am I? I'm Ravi. Life somehow put me in this place. It was a cage. Everybody else had a story. How did end I up in this orphanage? To tell you truthfully, I truly do not know. If I did, I don't think I'd have such an epic story to tell. I liked the orphanage, but it did get lonely. Hope was the only thing I had. No-one else was interested in hanging out with me. I was not associated with them. It was better that way. The walls of my "home" were white with tears. Ants scattered the floor. I was super skinny, so I turned into a popsicle every time I sat down in that room. The room I'm referring to is the "kids room." There was a small television on the wall. Every so often, a movie would come on. It was nothing to brag about. You were truly alone in that place.
       Food was scarce. The water had leaves in it. Every child had a mask of dust on their face, including me. I was poor. There was nowhere else to go, but school. I'll get to that later.
      My life was sad. My parents were unknown. Only thing I knew of them was that my father was dead. No one ever told me how he died. What was the real reason they're unknown? One thing I realized while I lived in that place was the fact that you were not to judge anybody. Judging people is the worst thing you can possibly do. Everybody has a reason for doing something, and some don't. But, I am by no means allowed to judge. What was that going do to for me? Set me free? I don't think so. I made the best of my situation