This speaks to me

This stuff usually goes in my rant book but I want people to see this so I'm putting it here.

Okay as a person who has had a crush and a person who has been crushed on

This post speaks to me

To just the general public everywhere:

It doesn't matter how nice they've been, if they've spent money on you— they do that on their own volition. You don't owe someone if you never asked for their offerings/advances.

And yeah liking a person a lot and doing stuff for them just to be turned down really heckin' sucks, but you just gotta suck it up and get tf over it. They're not interested so move tf on.

Don't ever feel pressured into liking someone just because everyone's telling you "you'd be cute together", "they really like you", and "you should give them a chance"

Like once my mom said that if I was ever asked to dance then I should say yes because "imagine working up the courage and walking across the room to ask out the cute girl"

And I was like "imagine having to uncomfortably dance with someone you barely know because you were pressured into saying yes" like it's called a question for a reason he should be aware it's no guaranteed yes

Don't ever feel pressure into saying yes. If a guy (or anyone) does something sweet, you should say thank you to the nice gesture (if you appreciate it, of course). But if you didn't ask, you don't owe them anything.