My Two Cents on the Tumblr Situation

So basically if you haven't heard, tumblr is banning adult content starting December 17.
And a lot of tumblr users are hellas upset, like my dash is filled with petitions and "reblogs to save tumblr"

When I first heard about I was laughing my ass off, looking at all of the chaos erupting of everyone like "NOOO MY YAOI" And I was DECEASSSSEDDD

Because to me it looks like a bunch of horny people are upset because they can't look at porn anymore

But that's mean so I'll state my other perspective on the issue

It's also a matter of art restriction. A lot of people are upset because it's not just sex, but nudity. Bots will be calling the shots about what's inappropriate and what's not, and undoubtedly there will be some error and things not specifically sexual will be banned (e.g. Pictures of the statue of David)
Sure they could probably have a better system, but even so I can see their reasoning: getting rid of porn bots, keeping pedophiles off, etc.

I saw an artist with a drawing of an old guy in underwear get flagged, and basically any female breasts unassociated with breastfeeding is banned
Which I agree really sucks

But what I want to comment on are the petitions.
Like do you not think tumblr carefully thought this through? Like obviously they are still improving themselves but do you legit not think they are aware of the pornography they hold? They knew tumblr was not going to be happy and they know their system is not perfect, and I highly doubt that a bunch of people saying "no thanks" is going to make them change their mind. This isn't law or some shit, this ain't a government. This is just a website.

Idk, just what I think currently