Chapter 7

(Eren's pov)

I woke up the next morning starving and dehydrated. My whole body was aching from the pain Marie had caused me last night after her children fell asleep. I'm honestly not sure if all the things she used, but according to the bruises and scratches that were in lines across my chest, I assume she used a whip. My knees are sore and purple from kneeling for a week in this cement basement floor.

My eyes were stinging from my crying. Not only was I crying from the pain I was in, but I cried in fear. Are they really not coming for me? Do I really mean so little to them? They all hate me. I'm a mister I deserve this torture. I've committed a sin that will never leave my conscience. Every day I think about what I've done and started hating myself more and more every day. I was afraid to tell my dear friends because I thought that they would start to hate me.

I finally told them what I had done and then I got kidnapped. I'd like to say it was a coincidence, but I just got lucky. I smirked maniacally before chuckling. It was slow and gradual, but it turned in a deep and loud maniacal laugh. The door opened and I quickly shut my mouth and my eyes widened. "What am I doing?" I thought as the footsteps down the stairs got louder.

I knew they weren't Marie's because they sounded different, they felt different. They were soft, light, and kind. The stranger stopped in the doorframe, not turning on the light to the basement. My vision was still blurred from my crying, but I could still see the silhouette of the girl from yesterday. The light from the stairway illuminated her back, keeping the front of her body as dark as the basement was. Her elbows were slightly out to the side, but I could tell that her hands weren't on her hips.

She turned on the basement light, making me squint until I could see again. I noticed she was holding a plate with a glass of water and a piece of toast. She reluctantly made her way over to me, clenching the plate so that her knuckles turned white.

She kneeled down in front of me after reaching me. I looked down at her hands and noticed she was shaking. I ignored it as it's obvious why she would be scared and shaking. She set the plate on the floor after grabbing the glass of water. She put it closer to my mouth and when I didn't do anything, she said, "Drink."

"Why?" I asked, my voice raspy from the lack of water.

"You haven't eaten not drank anything in a week. It's not healthy."

"Why does it matter to you? I murdered your father." She tensed at my words. "I deserve this. I ruined your life. I'm a monster."

"You ruined my mother's life. I barely even knew my father. I was only three at the time. I didn't even know what murder meant."

"But yesterday you agreed with your family about torturing me."

"I didn't want to be a burden to them." My eyes widened, remembering all the times I've told Levi, Mikasa, Jean, Marco...

(Girl's pov)

"Armin," I assumed he said. He said it quietly so I wasn't sure what he said.

"Huh? Sorry, I didn't quite hear what you said."

"Sorry, it's...it's nothing. I just understand what you mean."

"You...you do?" I finally mustered up the courage to look him in the eyes. My eyes widened and a blush threatened to crawl on my cheeks. Although they were tired and full, they were still a beautiful turquoise and one was a brownish-green color. It may sound like an ugly eye color, but I thought they were beautiful. They slightly sparkle in the basement light. The bags under his eyes were dark and heavy and his eyes were bloodshot. There were cute and bruises scattered on his face and dry blood ran down his nose, but he was still pretty damn cute. But, there was something in his eyes that seemed so familiar to me.