14 | gods and men

ONCE MORE SHE FOUND HERSELF IN THE GODFREY MANSION WATCHING OVER AN UNCONSCIOUS TEENAGE BOY

ONCE MORE SHE FOUND HERSELF IN THE GODFREY MANSION WATCHING OVER AN UNCONSCIOUS TEENAGE BOY. The tired, pregnant teenage girl was half asleep in a comfy pink armchair, sitting across the bed where a lanky teenage boy slept soundly as if nothing had changed in the last 24 hours. Dawn was long gone, the late morning was imbued with a tense silence in regards to the outcome of the night's full moon.

She mused over the fact that in the five months she had lived in the town, she had once again become a supernatural tagalong, indirectly being involved in pandemonium was her brand. It's not for lack of effort on Roman's part to keep her out of it, keep her as stress-free and safe for their child, but his attempt to sneak out of her room in the early morning was futile as separation anxiety hit her. The last two weeks waiting for Roman to wake up affected her way more than she let on. She preferred to keep him in her sight.

Standing beside the armchair like some sort of guard dog, was the handsome heir who had ironically been the exact position of the unconscious boy they watched over, his gaze sharp and intense as he concentrated on his best friend, anticipating the moment the other boy opened his eyes so they could uncover exactly what had occurred the previous night.

The unconscious boy in question, with messy hair brushing his brows and innocence seeped into his features, hardly looked like he had spent his night on all fours, the only indication of this fact being his lack of clothing, a cover pulled up to his neck for his modesty. As if Roman's increasing impatience with his lack of consciousness was a command, Peter's eyes opened with a bang, his chest suddenly heaving with anxiety and strict awareness of his body's lingering aches as he came to.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Roman reassured the bewildered werewolf, his expression tightly focused on calming Peter after the previous night's events. "You're in my house."

Peter swallowed as he glanced around fastidiously, slowly becoming reacquainted with his surroundings, the taste of the full moon and black night fading away from his body and back into his mind. His gaze landed on Rory, who yawned and stretched her arms above her head, and Roman, who half-sat, half-leaned on the arm of the chair as he stared at Peter with an awestruck expression.

"I saw it," Roman elaborated at Peter's questioning look.

Peter's brows knitted together, "What do you mean?"

"I mean I saw you," he clarified, excitement filling his features at the memory like a kid in a theme park. Roman tilted his head pointedly, "Changing back from...you know."

At his side, Rory rolled her eyes at Roman's trademark tact, or lack of to say the least. "It was fucking beautiful, is what we're trying to say," Rory interjected, sitting up fully. Sure, waking up at the crack of dawn wasn't exactly ideal, but to witness the somewhat glorious transformation of wolf to man was worth it, it was a lot less disgusting than the reverse, Rory had to say.